DODGE RAM FORUM banner

flowmaster 50hd or super 40 series dual/dual

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Hightechredneck1956 
#1 ·
has anyone installed anyone of these on the hemi trucks?
i have the 14'' magnaflow and i want more sound. The muffler shop said no on the 50 and get the 40. Flowmaster said to get the 50 HD because it was made for the hemi. muffler shop said it will be like what i have now, but they only sale the 50SUV and not the 50HD. Flowmaster said the 50HD is louder then the 50SUV. plan on dumping before axle. I took off the magnaflow and put two Borla XR1 mufflers and i didnt like the sound. So those will be for sale locally only lol, SO now i need to decide on the flowmaster. Anyone has the super 40 or the 50 HD installed???

#2 ·
I did the 50 series 3"in 2.5" dual out on my little reg cab hemi express. The drone was brutal in the cab. BRUTAL. Took it back off and slapped the bus muffler back on until I can figure something else out. It may not be as bad on a 4 door. I'm leaning towards coming back around and using their 70 series to still get the flowmaster sound but not rattle the change in the console. Good luck. :)

#5 ·
so...

I did the 50 series 3"in 2.5" dual out on my little reg cab hemi express. The drone was brutal in the cab. BRUTAL. Took it back off and slapped the bus muffler back on until I can figure something else out. It may not be as bad on a 4 door. I'm leaning towards coming back around and using their 70 series to still get the flowmaster sound but not rattle the change in the console. Good luck. :)
so what did you nd up doing? I got a 2014 express too and it sounds like a prius.

#3 ·
Flowmaster HD 50

I was at a car show in O.C. Maryland and the Flomaster Reps were there. We discussed the best system for the Hemi with MDS and they said the HD 50 was it because they have built in resonators which help with the 4 cylinder noise. Also since the 50 is a moderate sound and not aggressive, the difference between the 8 and 4 cyl mode is not as noticeable. I have the American Thunder single to dual exhaust system with the HD 50 on order.

#6 ·
If your going with dual in and dual out, then why bother with a single muffler. Just get a pair of Magna flow high flow 18" or 22" then go true dual. You can keep the resonators if you like. But note, a single muffler with dual in and dual out does not make for a true dual setup. Nor do you need an X or H pipe on your hemi. I know this for a fact, as I have a true dual setup using a pair of Aero Turbine mufflers AT2525. you can hear them on youtube under Aero Turbines dual exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.