DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Passenger window wont go up

6K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  ph3nom3non03 
G
#1 ·
I’m driving a 1999 dodge ram 1500, last night when i was driving i put down the window to get some fresh air in the truck and it wont go back up. I live in Minnesota so its pretty cold driving around with a window that wont go back up. I’m going to attempt to remove the passenger side door panel tonight to get the window back up. The problem im having is I don’t know where to start after removing the three screws in the door. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jordan

#2 ·
most likely your window regulator motor is bad go to oreillys or another parts place get a motor most of them are cheap mexico made unless you wana spend some extra money from a dealer to get oe fit but the ones from the parts dealer are ribbet in motors i dont like to ribbet some things in so if you have a tap and die kit thread some holes in the preset holes that are already in the new ones unless you get one that has threads then dont worry about it but as for pulling apart the door your right there are 3 or more screws in the panel itself if you have a panel tool or even like a good sized angled flat screw driver it will work there are push plugs all along the door panel if your good enough at doing it you wont break any of the tabs on the door panel itself which is going to be hard but once you get the door panel accessible to hanging there unplug the switch and set the door panel off to the side and there should be plastic on the door that keeps some air from coming in just take a small razor blade and theres buytul tape thats kinda like a tarry sticky stuff you'll cut alng the edge of the plastic and buytul tape to remove the plastic otherwise just ripp it off and get more plastic and buytul tape and redo the door when done with the motor, unbolt the motor theres a arm that slides on the motor be sure to tape the window up before completely taking the bolts loose once done unplug the motor and pull it out and your ready to reinstall the motor also be sure to get some white lithium grease to put in the tracks and and the gears so that dont make any noises and make the window glide easier but if you have any questions feel to ask and i'll get back to you let me know how it goes. ....;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.