DODGE RAM FORUM banner

calling all Painted engine covers

120K views 273 replies 147 participants last post by  bigblkram14 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of having my engine cover painted...Can I see some pics of our members that have had them done and what you paid to have them done? Thanks in advance...:smileup:

Reactions: Grubrunner
#63 ·
Well... overboard is totally subjective.... I was actually referencing OldHP's comment earlier in the thread about his penchant for "overdoing it"
As far as my tastes run- the stuff on this thread is what I aspire to.

#69 ·
Thanks bro.....

#84 ·
Finally finished!...Although I'm not quite as happy with the results as I would like.

I wanted to stay with the blue/black with red lettering theme I've already got going on. I'm a perfectionist and there are wrinkles in the black paint and it infuriates me!

I redid it three times, and each time there was a different issue. But it does look pretty good as long as you don't stare at it up close. The wife thought I was nuts "nobody will EVER see that in the first place I don't even get why you're painting it!". So I said "Well I don't get why you need fifty-eleven different purses but just go with it". I was prepared to feel the wrath after that remark but it actually worked and she left me alone about it, lol.

#87 ·
What a great visual thread!

I just wish some hadn't of deleted their images so we could view them all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.