DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2011 - 2014 ProCharger know here!!...

4K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  badvik 
#1 ·
#3 ·
the 5&6 spd will need to built up for the boost. The new 8 spd hasn't been tested yet, or at least that I have been able to find any information on it.

In the end, it is going to cost a lot more than just the supercharger itself. I was once interested in doing this project, but the final cost is too much. I'd sooner buy a vehicle that is already fast, or less costly to build.

#12 ·
In the end, it is going to cost a lot more than just the supercharger itself. I was once interested in doing this project, but the final cost is too much. I'd sooner buy a vehicle that is already fast, or less costly to build.
x2
Do you know how fast I could make a 4th gen and yeah that includes buying the car for $6000.. lol

#4 ·
I do know the ZF 8HP70 is rated to handle 516 ft-lb of torque. Stock is 407 so I guess it depends if this will add more than 100 or so ft-lb torque, however if its close would definitely be wise to have the 8 spd built up.

#13 ·
I think the question is not only in absolute numbers. As I have somewhere read the tranny in our trucks has lower gear ratios for first two or three gears, so the risen power will influe more components then the gearbox itself. I'd like to have a kit like this but also really anxious about ZF. To rebuild it in case of problems will cost definitely too much.

#7 ·
I was curious so I sent an EMail...

Thank you for your interest in the ProCharger systems for the 2013 Ram 1500. We have just finished the R&D on the 2013 model year and will begin processing orders next week. The system operated at 7psi and yields approximately an additional 130hp gain. The 5/100,000 supplemental powertrain warranty will be offered through the local installing dealer on complete ProCharger systems for an additional amount. Regarding the system pricing, we are currently offering an introductory suggested retail price of $6096. Feel free to contact me with any additional questions that may arise.

#9 ·
Well not sure that $$$ includes installation and definitely does not include warranty $$$

#10 ·
Warranty is included if installed by a certified installer

#14 · (Edited)
x2

It's not like there's a huge inventory of slightly used 8 speed ZF's you can pick up at a salvage yard for $300
like you can if you kill a 6/545RFE transmission.

...and nobody offering rebuild services for the ZF
other than a factory non-warranty replacement ...likely over $5k in parts only.
...and that only gets you back to square one, stock trans facing large Boost numbers likely to fail again.
result, return to stock and sell the supercharger lol

Huge Gamble IMHO

#15 ·
I wonder if theyre 5yr/100,000 warranty will cover tossing in a new transmission every other week

#16 ·
throw in the 8HP90 and be done with it...665lb-ft rating

#18 ·
Yes, why wouldnt it?

#21 · (Edited)
Tracking#'s say my header reducers are here Monday
and transmission frictions and replacement OD hub/shaft for transmission re-build #2 will be here Tuesday,

Mike said the score marks left on the OD shaft after I had to remove the coned/seized friction with a BFH
would stop the frictions from free spooling the OD hub when it was supposed to disengage...

So he's sending me one of those, the two missing replacement frictions he missed , and an extra set of 14 spare OD frictions, all on his dime.

So no wrenching until the 10th now:doh:

#22 ·
it seems to be very easy in install.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p-b2wwrS4Q
Sure the bolt-on kit is not so too serious thing as to build from the parts and has not a lot of in a case of possible upgrade, but still it is a good possibility, I think, to have extra power for acceptable money. I can say that my mods - VR+PTB+Diablo+SW headers+exhaust including delivery to Russia have cost me more than this kit and if I knew it will come out in near future I'd definitely wait for it.
Now a friend of mine want to order for his 13 8-sp so I'll follow the thread up if it'll pass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.