DODGE RAM FORUM banner

catch can for 07 5.7

40K views 46 replies 32 participants last post by  alecmcmahon 
#1 ·
What are the options for putting a catch can on my 07 Ram QC 5.7. I see they have the PCV as a single internal piece. Thoughts I had were to cut off the bottom end right after the latch pieces and gut it, drill it out and run a hose through it to a catch can. Down side I see on that is the size of the tube would be pretty small but the stock isn't very big. Second thought I had was to cap it off and put a proper pcv into the valve cover and run that through a catch can.

Unless there is an already good solution out there that I'm not seeing.

#31 ·
sure is badass! i would love to see the hood down and check out the scoop.:Wow1:

#34 ·
HI, I've got a moroso unit on my 09, not sure the one I got from Amazon was exactly the right one for my truck. I ended up mounting it into an existing hole in the passenger side bank of the block, the hole was tapped but for some weird ass size I ended up using a long metric bolt with a stack of washers, sounds hokey but it works, the really interesting thing about catch cans is the sh^t that comes out of it, dump it in an old clear bottle and look at it, all kinds of weird gross stuff in it

#36 ·
I have a UPR can for my wife's Durango with the 220ci V6- if I were to buy again I would not get the UPR. The quality of the machine work is subpar; several threaded areas of the aluminum were galled and/or had burrs, you have to attach the elbow fittings and bracket yourself since it is basically all unassembled, and whether you choose the bottom drain or not you get a hole in the bottom-you just either get a plug or a valve.

Compared to my BT can on my Ram, the BT came with everything assembled, and the fittings were teflon taped. The hoses were cut to about the right length, whereas the UPR came with 3 hoses (not sure why since you only need 2) and I had to cut them to length myself.

I would talk to BT, their customer service is very helpful, and see what options they have. I have also seen good things about the Moroso.

#39 ·
The coffee cream lookin stuff is moisture/condensation that has not boiled off due to cold temps and or short trips

#40 ·
Thunder:
Yeah man two constant issues for me up here, I added zmax during an oil change yesterday so I will post pics in a few months of what comes out of the can, curious to see what it looks like, maybe it will just be full of zmax

#42 ·
I got the Billet Technology one for my 2013 which will be the same as your 2014. It is much better than the UPR can I got for the Durango

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.