DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New here with mutiple turn signal questions!! HELP!!

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  MBCJim 
#1 ·
:doh:I just bought our second dodge which is a Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie SLT 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp, and I need to fix a few items right now. First problem: The turn signals are not working...BUT...what doesn't make since to me is that the emergency flashers ARE working.Therefore it can't be the lightbulb. The only things I can think that may be the cause of this problem is a wiring problem or a blown fuse/incorrect fuse. But someone told me that it was the turn signal relay, but I can't even find that part online to even see what it actually is, how to determine if it isn't working, and much less where it goes. The diagram which is supposed to be on the inside panal is missing, making me unable to determine what is supposed to go where, what size fuse goes to what, and so forth. Someone told me I could go to the junk yard and get a diagram, but I thought I could just print one off of the internet. I just can't find it. I want it for future reference. If anyone know the most likely causes for the turn signal lights to be not working, and how to fix each cause that it may be. Thank any and everyone in advance for any help that may be provided to me.:4-dontknow:

#3 ·
Should be next the fuse block and look like this. Try your local parts store and ask for a flasher relay. There will probably be 2 of these relays, the top one for the flashers and the bottom one for the turn signals, IIRC.

I just put one in my 2002 Malibu and it ran $18 at O'Reilly's.

If that doesn't work, then your turn signal/multifunction switch on the column may be bad, but that is more expensive, and less likely to be the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.