DODGE RAM FORUM banner

So it is a posi track!!

6K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  FireWire 
#1 ·
I have read a few post about people wondering if their truck had posi track or not and how they could find out. I too got wondering about that and today I decided to find out.
I read about jacking it up and spinning the wheels to seeing if both tires turned, and I read about checking the numbers on the rear end to see if it was. Well today I found out using my method. I Pulled out of the drive way and floored it. It is posi track because as I looked back I had left two long curvy black strips for about 40 feet.
CONFIRMED!!!!

#3 ·
Not really, but the guy coming down the street the other way looked a bit concerned as my truck fishtailed towards him.

#6 ·
More likely Limited Slip... unless your gears have been changed.

#7 ·
You are probably right. Except in the snow it does not seem to have limited slip as I spin around corners all the time, have to be careful or I will do a 180.

#9 ·
This is not a regular occasion for me. Oh and thatnks for the "to be young again" as I am 46 but still feel young. My favorite saying.."I have to grow old, I don't have to grow up!!"

#13 · (Edited)
+1 :smileup:

I (stupidly) was under the impression that all the 09 and newer trucks with their new rear suspensions were all posi. Man I felt like a dumb a$$ when I found out my truck was a 3:55 geared one wheel wonder, AFTER I had already owned it for a week!

My fault for missing that fact when I did my research, but still, I thought the same thing...... who would purposely choose NOT to have it???? I mean you're already paying $40K+ might as well have it, IMHO.

#12 ·
not really. for some people, that don't care about it and that lets the factory make a cheaper truck. i would love to have a Sure-grip, but alas, i do not. some day, but it'l have to wait. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.