DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Very Noob question on aux lighting

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  highlandchef 
#1 ·
ok bear with me here. From what I have read, you can get driving lights(hooked to brights and can only be on with brights...right?) or fog lights(can be hooked to factory fogs as well?). What I have found is I agree with the common opinion on here of the OEM lighting sucking big time. Do they make lights I could hook up on a light bar that would be legal to use with my low beams and fog lights on(ie not driving lights or fog lights?) Am I better off just replacing the stock headlights? I am looking for the most cost effective way to handle this, and also have it be about as easy as possible. HEEELLLLLLPPPP!!!!!:4-dontknow:

#2 ·
hello ramrod

I tried to make sense of your post (no offense). Are you looking to gain better night lighting, or install more lighting along with your fogs for cosmetic purposes? you can harness auxiliary through your fogs, and use your low beam position, I hope this helps.:smileup:

#4 ·
Carlos hit it. Replace the bulbs with Sylvania Silverstar Ultras or the new xZe's. Another more costly option is the PIAA bulbs, great improvement over the stocks.

#8 ·
from what i have heard you can not have more then four lights on at a time any more on the road is illegal, I dont know how true this is.

#10 ·
Hey I am bumping this because I am wondering the same thing as ramrod1. So it is not legal to have more than four lights on. Is it legal to have your low beams on along with two Hella driving lights? Or are driving lights only legal with high beams? I'm looking to install a couple Hella driving lights to increase my high beams but it would be awesome if I could drive with them always on. Interested to know if this is legal.

#11 ·
What I would do was call my local State Trooper's barracks, and get the straight poop from them. They'll be more likely to have the correct answer than those of us here who are making educated guesses.

Exco

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.