DODGE RAM FORUM banner

oldest of the 4th gens

18K views 111 replies 69 participants last post by  JGiraldezB 
#1 ·
so, now that your first 4th gens are completely broken in. are you still liking them? anyone close to the 100000 mile mark? any big repairs?

#3 ·
64k miles on mine and still going strong with no major repairs :smileup:. I am getting ready to do the brakes on the front for the first time this week, can't complain on getting 64k on the original pads.

The biggest thing to getting long life out of any vehicle is proper maintenance, if you take care of them, they will take care of you.

#6 ·
72,000 on my 2010. No engine issues. Few creeking door hinges that wd40 fixed. Also my bumper wasn't very durable when it went into a ditch lol.... Still need some damn fog lamps

#8 ·
I have a 2010 but it has about 80k miles on it. No big issues. Rear driver side door lock motor has been broken for about a year and I just haven't got around to fixing it lol. 3rd brake light leaked, no big deal to fix that. I've done oil changes, one trans service, and everything else has been cosmetic or performance, as in not necessary. Still has stock brake pads, battery, etc.

#10 ·
At 4 1/2 years and 57k miles my only complaint is it's appetite for rear tires. I don't like the transmission but I can live with it. I replaced the factory 3 yr battery at 4 years but still have plenty left on the factory brakes. Back tires are currently in need of attention to put it mildly but I'm debating what to do. :smileup:

#11 ·
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 QC, purchased in February 2009
86,000+ miles right now & about to leave on a 7,000 mile trip next week

original brake pads look good, some sign of ridges on rear rotors
one exhaust manifold had cracked, replaced under warranty
recall on 2 intake manifold bolts
needed a few Flashes for updating software
rubber along roof line was lifting, needed some adhesive, no charge
didn't like Goodyear Wrangler tires, not gripping the road as i thought they should, replaced with Michelin LTs
Shock Absorbers have reached that point, where they need replacing

still getting 17.4 MPG highway, sign down, flags & lights removed, with all my tools & equipment, the truck is 1,000 pounds heavier then stock

picture with sign down

work mode, i get 15.7 MPG

what is in my bed, usually hidden by soft tonneau cover

#13 ·
Build date was Sept '08. Just cracked 44k. Only problems were a rear pinion seal leak and a stripped out blend door motor for the HVAC system.

Original tires, brakes and battery. Exhaust sounds much better as she ages. If I am not mistaken the first few months built came with the sport muffler.

Enjoy it just as much today as the first time I jumped into the drivers seat.

#21 ·
Just before my vacation trip
the dealership saw that the rear pinion seal was leaking
repaired under warranty

my bitch is that they did not clean up the fluid that was slung all over the gas tank, etc.
i ran through a lot of rain on my trip & hopefully most of the leaked fluid is gone now

i will be going in for a service while still on the East Coast, I will request that they wipe off any remaining rear differential fluid, if they say it will be an extra charge, that is OK
I just want to see if the pinion seal is actually sealed. i will be speaking to my regular dealership when i return home to San Diego

#22 ·
I have an '09 Ram 1500 Laramie. I bought it almost two years ago with 123,xxxkm(76xxxmi) on it, It now has 214xxxkm(133xxxmi). During that time I have replaced the right side manifold and now the left needs replacing, both front tie rod ends, wheel speed sensor, and front diff. Besides that the truck has been great, all were fairly cheap and quick fixes. I don't see any reason why this truck will not run into the 300,000km(186xxxmi) easily. I plan on keeping the truck until its not road worthy or gives out all together, when it will be then a plow truck form my personal use.

#23 · (Edited)
2009 with 50k miles. motor on electric sliding rear window has been replaced 3 times which was pretty much ever time i tried to use it haha. transmission blew up and a week after i got the truck back so did the rear end. the wire came out of the sensor that controls the MDS the a/c went out so i had to replace the freon and the a/c stinks like a urinal cake door hinges squeak i had to replace the rear tires and 2 days after i bought the truck i was stopped at a light and a dodge journey rear ended me going 55mph so alot of the parts in the rear had to be replaced ive had 2 blow outs and the rim was stuck to the axle both times. after reading how every one else hasnt had any problems i feel like i got a bad egg hahaha however believe it or not its the best truck ive ever had god bless the warranty though oh and i had to replace the battery. all this has happened with in 20k miles

#25 ·
it was a 03 f350 king ranch turbo diesel. it was a bad a$$ truck but it sat broke down more often then it drove. on top of that when parts did break, and that was twice a month aprox, they would cost a minimum of $1000 doing the repairs my self. hell an oil change alone would set me back roughly $300 because it used 16 quarts. it was ridiculous. i had a 2002 jaguar s-type that was almost as bad but at least the parts were a lot cheaper then the f350

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.