DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Disgusted by dodge

5K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  friendlyHP 
#1 · (Edited)
Truck 4 months old 10k miles washed everyweek. Took truck in for paint issue on door seal and the holes that formed on the rubber door seals. Dealership sent pics into there digital imagetry department. Dealership called said dodge denied it and called it normal wear gave me number to contacf them. I called they said denial final and there was no one I could talk to what a joke between this and the bumper rust im fed up.

See less See more
#2 ·
That is definitely not "normal wear" in my books but it does looks like excessive wear from getting in and out of the vehicle and that is probably why the claim was denied. If that is the case I don't think any manufacturer will warranty that.

I've had my truck for over a year and it has more than 26,000kms on it and I don't wash it every week and I don't have anything close to that on any of my door sills.

#3 ·
Man sorry to hear about your denial but man! That is some serious pant leg or boot sole wear gettin in and out of your truck bud. Especially in the Nevada desert.

#5 ·
durtyss, No Offence intended. In all honesty, it looks like you, or a passenger, kick the $h!t out of that door jamb on a daily basis! Returning that for warranty, would be like kicking in the fender with your boots, and trying to return that for warranty! I'm surprised the dealer took the time to send pics to Chrysler, it must be policy to forward all concerns to the manufacturer, because I wouldn't have taken the time if it were up to me! Good luck with your truck, and careful you don't cut it right in half from door jamb to door jamb with your boots! Treat her a little nicer!

#9 ·
No vehicle manufacturer would ever cover that under any claim. There is nothing remotely 'normal' these about that wear. That's beaten in an excessive manner. Period.

With all due respect, and I mean that, I can't believe anyone would have the nerve to even attempt to claim something like that under a manufacturing issue. We're you legitimate in your attempt or just trying to pull a fast one?

It's customers who attempt to do the latter that ruin it for the rest of us who have a legitimate case/claim to be heard. Think about that for statement for a second.....

Believe you me, Chrysler/Ram and dealerships document ALL claims attempted; even the bullshit ones.

Good luck to you.

#10 · (Edited)
Lets get some things straight im a commercial inspector for the highway patrol im not in the market to pull a fast one. I have been a mechanic for 10 years. If you look at my other threads you will see how well I take care of my truck I wash it weekly and wax it once a month. That damage you see was what a 300 mile trip did not only that my door seals have holes rubbed thru them above latch and upper part. So two holes in rubber and this leads me to believe a door alignment issue. Dodge such as yourselves believe it was wear from everday use. Pictures only tell one side, btw my 09 with 36000 miles looks as good as the day I got it. Also this is driver side and im only one who drives it. Hope this clears some things up. Also I have never tried to use a warrenty claim before, this is getting worse day by day.

#15 ·
I have only seen this one time before. We had a dodge charger as a patrol vehicle and after only a few months it looked the same. There were some issues with the door being aligned. Good luck to you and I hope you get that straightened out.....

#11 ·
TELL ME ABOUT IT. I will never get another dodge again. I had a dodge charger, 2011!!!!! TWO THOUSAND ELEVEN. at 20,00 a cylinder cracked, and 25000 a strut went bad, and at 30,000 when an ABS sensor fell off and almost killed my wife i got rid of the ****ING thing. (got a mustang - no problems) Dodge's quality of work has gone to hell. My next truck after this one will be a ford chevy or toyota

#12 ·
TELL ME ABOUT IT. I will never get another dodge again. I had a dodge charger, 2011!!!!! TWO THOUSAND ELEVEN. at 20,00 a cylinder cracked, and 25000 a strut went bad, and at 30,000 when an ABS sensor fell off and almost killed my wife i got rid of the ****ING thing. (got a mustang - no problems) Dodge's quality of work has gone to hell. My next truck after this one will be a ford chevy or toyota
1. Your talking about a DODGE CAR
2. the RAM is in another league of its own.

Now of you said this happened to a RAM truck...well I still wouldn't believe you, no offense.

#13 ·
If it is a door alignment issue like you say, take it in for that instead of a paint issue. If a door alignment issue caused this then both would probably get fixed. Otherwise it looks like it is from excessive wear and tear. Don't blame dodge, when you were complaining about paint if it is actually a door alignment issue.

#14 ·
Get it painted and put a set of running boards on. It does not appear to be anything more than from rubbing on your boots/pants getting in and out of the truck. I am 6' tall and I need running boards otherwise I end up sliding in and out of the truck due to the height of the Ram's.

#18 ·
It might help for us to understand if you could provide a picture of the door seal with the holes in it. Just from that pic it looks like boot/shoe wear, but if we could see the seal it might change our minds. What about a pic looking down the door from the back to the front along the bottom, might be bowed.

#19 ·
My truck is the same way except not as bad and the dealer said the exact same thing. My truck has been like that since 3000 kms and I look after it as good as anybody. For some of you people to say that is clearly his fault have no idea at all. I am in good shape and can easily get in and out of my truck without dragging my feet and/or pant leg across the rocker panel. These are clearly weather stripping or door alignment issues that should be rectified when spending hard earned money on a brand new vehicle. My paint should not be just rubbing off a brand new vehicle and Chrysler just sweeping it under the rug telling me to look to the aftermarket for a solution. Not looking to start a fight, just voicing my opinion. Other than that I love my RAM.

#20 ·
That paint scratching looks like what is on a car nearby
when the doors are closed, there are so many scratches on the outside
he has these small dogs that scratch the paint whenever he is leaving from the house or returns home
Cats are even worse on hoods & roof
I had a possum around that liked my Ram roof at night, used to see its paw prints in the morning, no scratches though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.