DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Center console latch rattle

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Tnichols1822 
#1 ·
Well this isnt a good start for me, my less then a week old dodge ram has developed a rattle. I traced it to the latch on the second portion of the center console. Going over little imperfections in the road causes it to rattle where it clips in, is there any way to adjust this or something? Its very annoying and being right beside me its very easy to hear.

Im hoping this is an easy fix and nothing else comes up, interior rattles are my biggest pet peeve.

thanks for any help and suggestions you can give

#2 ·
Are you sure its the latch? Reason I ask, I had a rattle in my truck and thought it was the center console too. Found out it was the passenger seat belt buckle was not laying flat against the pillar.

#4 ·
Take it to the dealer, that's what the warranty is for. :D

#7 ·
Yep it's the latch mine does it to. Don't think dealers going to have an answer for u! Just leave it unlatched lol

#9 ·
i plan on taking it in for warranty before i hit 30k, ( thats soon ! o no! )

But in the meantime, i folded up a lilttle peice of napkin, and put it where the latch shuts and slammed it down. no more rattle, but i have to reposition it every time i open the large bottom compartment of the center console.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.