DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2012 R/T build log/parts list.

44K views 429 replies 31 participants last post by  TSINND 
#1 ·
Picking up the new truck next weekend when I get home. Here's what's ordered as of now.

Starting with a 2012 Dodge Ram R/T

I'm having real hell finding the wheels I want to fit the way I want them to so it's getting these for now while I search. These are temporary...what I want will probably have to be built and is gonna take a while.

Tires are Pirelli Scorpion Zero in 305/35/22

Of course it's getting lowered so I ordered the McGaughy's 2/4 drop kit that I'll modify for about a 3/5

Can't not have shocks...so I went with single adjustable QA1's

Seems kinda silly to do all that work and leave stock sway bars on it...so Hellwig's are going on front and rear.

Don't wanna do all that and have a spongy rear suspension with rubber bushings...so I called up Spohn Performance.
Adjustable panhard bar.

And better upper and lower control arms.

And last but not least...SSBC's 14" front brake kit with 4 piston calipers along with matching slotted stock size rear rotors.

That's the suspension list for now. I want rear SSBC calipers but those are a long way out so stock will have to do for now.

Stereo/interior will be the second big part of the project followed by underhood show mods then motor mods. I need to call Billet Technologies this week...I'm gonna basically order their whole catalog for this truck.

See less See more
#77 ·
Ok...here's the prerequisite debadged and 9" billet shorty antenna pic...gotta start somewhere.
Damn I love 3M eraser wheels...I had to dig around in the shop to find mine but it was worth the hunt. Start to finish total took under 30 minutes.

#79 ·
Tint was a dealer add on. I'm gonna add the top of the windshield and make the back window darker. After having nothing but crew cab trucks since about 1996 I forgot how much sun hits you in the back in a single cab.
I'm gonna have to paint that chrome ring around the gear shift lever area too...that thing blinds the hell out of me.

#80 ·
Damn... If you are looking to do in house tunning at B&G we need to set something up. I was just going to order a mail in, but hell I wouldn't mind taking a trip up there for a more well rounded tune. Called them up today to ask a few questions. Going to pull the trigger on it after I get my rear drop springs in after the first of the month. :smileup:

#85 ·
Couple of minor things but I guess they're still mods.

Smartcord install for my radar detector. Pisses me off that it's made with an angle on the sides and I can't get it perfectly centered in the hole but it was the only place I could find that wasn't an eyesore.

Passport 9500ix mounted on a Blendmount mount with hidden wire.

The first Billet Technology part showed up...

Heading out now to get the back window tinted darker and a strip on the windshield.

Also....dropping the tailgate off next Monday afternoon to get the emblem shaved and the handle color matched.
If I have time on Friday I'm gonna go by the dealer and order the Dodge front lip and rocker moldings. Far as I can tell it only comes for quad cabs so it may have to hit the body shop for some rebuilding.

#88 ·
I actually didn't know about Billet Technology until I saw that pic of your shifter. I hunted down who made it and snatched one up. Very nice part....thanks for costing me some money. lol

As far as their color choices...I agree. But I do love the lip kit.

#94 ·
Bring a big check. LOL
With what I have now, what's coming up over the next month and if it gets to go to Arrington for a blower, heads, cam, throttle body, exhaust, headers, etc I think I'll have more in it than the truck stickered for. LOL
Yes...I'm stupid...LOL

I really hope they pull together the 2012 truck they're supercharging now...I want one bad.
Coming from a 900+ rwhp truck to this is kinda boring.

#99 ·
Damn I want them... But would not go any higher than 1750... :/ Oh well. My boss rims would go better with my theme :p Ram just makes the best rims IMO. The SRT10 rims are gorgeous, and the R/Ts are just as good. Hopefully you get them sold so you can put the down payment on the loan you're taking out for mods xD

#104 · (Edited)
I put the audio gear together for a quick shot.
I'm just a DSP away from 4 way active audio nirvana.
My plan is a wedge box across the back wall with the sub centered so you can see it between the seats, inset into the box. An amp on each side also inset in recessed boxes then a cover on the whole thing upholstered in vinyl that matches the seats, stitching and all.

2220 watts total system power.

I dunno how into car audio some of you are....but I promise you this is not flea market stuff. LOL

#106 ·
Those are some nice looking speakers! Never been into Audio, but that is because I listen to country... Not to mention I don't think my radio has been above 15 once. I roll the rear window down and let that exhaust sing. I think the high school swag idiots ruined it for me....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.