DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2012 R/T build log/parts list.

44K views 429 replies 31 participants last post by  TSINND 
#1 ·
Picking up the new truck next weekend when I get home. Here's what's ordered as of now.

Starting with a 2012 Dodge Ram R/T

I'm having real hell finding the wheels I want to fit the way I want them to so it's getting these for now while I search. These are temporary...what I want will probably have to be built and is gonna take a while.

Tires are Pirelli Scorpion Zero in 305/35/22

Of course it's getting lowered so I ordered the McGaughy's 2/4 drop kit that I'll modify for about a 3/5

Can't not have shocks...so I went with single adjustable QA1's

Seems kinda silly to do all that work and leave stock sway bars on it...so Hellwig's are going on front and rear.

Don't wanna do all that and have a spongy rear suspension with rubber bushings...so I called up Spohn Performance.
Adjustable panhard bar.

And better upper and lower control arms.

And last but not least...SSBC's 14" front brake kit with 4 piston calipers along with matching slotted stock size rear rotors.

That's the suspension list for now. I want rear SSBC calipers but those are a long way out so stock will have to do for now.

Stereo/interior will be the second big part of the project followed by underhood show mods then motor mods. I need to call Billet Technologies this week...I'm gonna basically order their whole catalog for this truck.

See less See more
#193 ·
I don't recall off hand. It wasn't something I was looking for so I don't think I looked specifically for that.
It does some pretty cool stuff though for sure.
I was looking at the Mosconi 6to8 last night too...that's another good one.
My Audio System X-Ion amps are made by Mosconi's parent company Gladen.
The Mosconi AS line of amps share some architecture with the X-Ion series I have.
I can't wait to tune these things in...the Specs are through the roof. I just hope they sound as good as they look on paper...especially for what they cost me.

#198 ·
On the mosconi amps. Rave reviews from everyone that got to try them for free. Ha ha. That's a great thing if you don't care about price to get quality. I put infinity kappa perfect stuff in my truck cause I get a discount thru Harman/Kardon but I think I am going to try something else for my next stereo. I'm going to keep these amps on my list for when that time comes. Modding never ends. Lol

#205 ·
Yeah everyone's different. I'm used to the single speaker in my 81 F100 so my stock 6 speaker system in my 2010 ram sounds great to me lol. I will agree that every "upgraded" stereo on a factory car such as alpine, bose, etc. has never sounded any better to me than what's in my truck.

#208 ·
I'm sure it does...buts it's tuned horrifically. It's so center channel biased it's not even funny. The reflections of the windshield are terrible but could be tamed with real tuning ability. I'm actually gonna try that location for my midranges and tweeters in pods to replace the OEM grille.
It's just bad all the way around right now, to me.
The OEM system in my 2012 crew cab Duramax stages way better than this so called premium system.

#216 ·
My Snuglid and BedRug finally came in yesterday...I think they look pretty damn good.
Definitely worth the wait.

And a shot from the other night that I just like.

Ordered JBA shorty headers, Magnaflow cat back dual kit with 5" tips, Magnaflow Y and various 2 1/2" mandrel bends to tig up a better mid pipe yesterday. Dunno when I'll have time to install that but it's coming anyway.
Oh yea...grabbed the V6 e-fan from the dealer too.

#220 ·
The Snuglid was the only one I found that didn't have lines molded in or humps or other pointless "styling" things. The lip around the back is a necessary evil I guess to fit the tailgate but it's not that bad in person.
When it was installed there was a Snuglid dealer rep there and he took some pics to possibly use in their brochures and website since they have none of a Gen 4 Ram anywhere....that'll be kinda cool.

#229 ·
Man this is a wicked truck. I'd love to see this beast in person. Quick question though...did you change your mind on the side exit exhaust just because of simplicity? You actually gave me the idea for a side exit. Another guy here in Houston, Agent Orange on dodge talk forum, did a side exit and it looks awesome.

#231 ·
Don't know if your looking for custom exhaust work or just aftermarket replacement but Ripleys here in Spring,Tx does some excellent work I here if your wanting custom. I've been looking into them redoing my maggie y-pipe and full exhaust. They are the only ones in houston that I know of that do custom mandrel bending.:smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.