DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2012 R/T build log/parts list.

44K views 429 replies 31 participants last post by  TSINND 
#1 ·
Picking up the new truck next weekend when I get home. Here's what's ordered as of now.

Starting with a 2012 Dodge Ram R/T

I'm having real hell finding the wheels I want to fit the way I want them to so it's getting these for now while I search. These are temporary...what I want will probably have to be built and is gonna take a while.

Tires are Pirelli Scorpion Zero in 305/35/22

Of course it's getting lowered so I ordered the McGaughy's 2/4 drop kit that I'll modify for about a 3/5

Can't not have shocks...so I went with single adjustable QA1's

Seems kinda silly to do all that work and leave stock sway bars on it...so Hellwig's are going on front and rear.

Don't wanna do all that and have a spongy rear suspension with rubber bushings...so I called up Spohn Performance.
Adjustable panhard bar.

And better upper and lower control arms.

And last but not least...SSBC's 14" front brake kit with 4 piston calipers along with matching slotted stock size rear rotors.

That's the suspension list for now. I want rear SSBC calipers but those are a long way out so stock will have to do for now.

Stereo/interior will be the second big part of the project followed by underhood show mods then motor mods. I need to call Billet Technologies this week...I'm gonna basically order their whole catalog for this truck.

See less See more
#307 ·
Picking up the new truck next weekend when I get home. Here's what's ordered as of now.

Starting with a 2012 Dodge Ram R/T

I'm having real hell finding the wheels I want to fit the way I want them to so it's getting these for now while I search. These are temporary...what I want will probably have to be built and is gonna take a while.

Tires are Pirelli Scorpion Zero in 305/35/22

Of course it's getting lowered so I ordered the McGaughy's 2/4 drop kit that I'll modify for about a 3/5

Can't not have shocks...so I went with single adjustable QA1's

Seems kinda silly to do all that work and leave stock sway bars on it...so Hellwig's are going on front and rear.

Don't wanna do all that and have a spongy rear suspension with rubber bushings...so I called up Spohn Performance.
Adjustable panhard bar.

And better upper and lower control arms.

And last but not least...SSBC's 14" front brake kit with 4 piston calipers along with matching slotted stock size rear rotors.

That's the suspension list for now. I want rear SSBC calipers but those are a long way out so stock will have to do for now.

Stereo/interior will be the second big part of the project followed by underhood show mods then motor mods. I need to call Billet Technologies this week...I'm gonna basically order their whole catalog for this truck.
For the hellwig front and rear sway bars, is that the actual image? Where did you order it from? The one im ooking at looks different and is around 175 each for front and rear. Does tht seem right? Think you could post part numbers for the sway bars and spohn performance items?
Thanks cody.

#308 ·
Probably not the actual image...just a pic I found online.
The Spohn bars are the only ones on their site for Rams...I don't have part numbers for either.
I sent those bars back to Spohn last week. They made me a set of adjustable link bars that I should have this week sometime so there will be another option soon if not already.

I don't know retail pricing on the sway bars...that sounds about right though I guess.
I get most of my stuff from Performance Truck Products in Tomball, Tx.

#309 ·
UPS showed up late but I finally got started on one of the last major appearance mods. I got the front lip mounted and the side skirts marked out where they need to be cut down. I'm gonna make a jig tomorrow to make sure I cut them straight....should have completed pics tomorrow.

#311 ·
They only sell it as a complete kit...and it comes pre-painted.
I just ordered this from a Dodge dealer through ebay.
One thing I like about the lip even though it'll never be seen on my truck is that it's painted all the way underneath. It clips to the bottom of the black air dam thing so it's painted a long way under there...makes for a very finished look.

#315 ·
That's definitely the nicest non stock hood I've seen for the 4th gens IMO. I don't like the sport performance hood, looks strange to me on the ram...I like it on the challenger though.

I prefer the stock hood but I like that one as well.

#318 ·
I guess VIS Racing is who makes it. I know they make a lot of import stuff but I don't know anyone that's ever used their products to get an idea on fit and finish. I could care less about the carbon fiber part...I just like the style of hood and can't find one anywhere else.
Fiberglass would be cheaper though....that one is almost 1200 bucks.

#320 ·
It's common to have to fit them...but some of the higher end things I've used in the past bolted on perfectly. I just dunno if this is one of those cases. I'm sure the high price reflects the material used, but not necessarily the quality of product.

#322 ·
I had a steel hood from Reflexxion and actually a plastic hood from Suncoast that were absolutely great right out of the box. They only required paint to look perfect.
I stay as far away from Street Scene as I can. lol
I've had some horrible fiberglass hoods on Fox body Mustangs....that taught me to stop buying stuff at swap meets. lol

#330 ·
Body kit came out great IMHO.
For a regular cab truck you need a quad cab kit...NOT the crew cab kit.
I had to cut down the front part of the 2 piece side skirt where it overlaps the rear part. After studying pics of SEMA trucks closely I could see the seam there so once I got the kit in my hands it was easy to figure out how they made them fit. I had to shorten one of the hidden mounting brackets but those were the only 2 mods necessary to make it fit.
I made a straight edge out of a piece of .050 aluminum, marked where I wanted it cut and just used a razor knife to slice through it. I sanded that cut edge smooth and taped it off about 1/16" from the cut and sprayed it with Dupli Color paint for now. You really can't tell that anything was ever done to the kit. Overall I'm super happy with how it came out.
Now for the good stuff...pics:

You can see the cut line in the center of the door in this pic.

#332 ·
Thank ya sir....it's on it's way to becoming what I saw in my head when I bought it.

I really gotta stay off Bouchillon Performance's site. That 426 stroker with ported and polished heads and low compression pistons for some boost is haunting me.
618 on pump gas naturally aspirated...I know it'll do 750 at 10-12 psi if not more.
It's got me drooling....

#336 ·
Meh....that's just not good enough. That's plenty of HP for most....I like those retarded levels though. My last truck made 927 at the wheels....I think 650-700 at the wheels in this would be just about right. That'll take a stroker motor and more boost.
I am gonna do the RIPP kit on here for the time being though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.