DODGE RAM FORUM banner

I'm slowly making it mine, whatcha think...

12K views 90 replies 42 participants last post by  jjz28 
#1 ·
I got the truck a few weeks ago and so far this is what I've been able to do with it.
This is it before anything.

I had the dealer throw in a bed liner after the deal was done.

I had the windows tinted last week 35% up front and 15% added to the back.

This weekend I went ahead and debadged it to my liking, I think it gives it a cleaner look. Took the Big "RAM 1500" off and the 4X4 off.

My next project is going to be either, paint the engine cover blue/silver, or the changing the shifter to a hurst shifter (like the challenger/charger). My goal is to add a DS tuner, CAI and exhuast, but that'll be down the road...

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice looking truck, like what you've done with it so far! I didn't realize until just now that they added the "1500" part of the badge back on with the 2011's. I'm gonna have to look at one around here and see if I like the way it looks enough to find a set of those, thanks for the pics man! :smileup:

- Cajun

#4 ·
Looks great, thanks for the pics. :D Thanks for the report on mods, too.

#14 ·
It's not the toughest thing to do, but... your fingers may not like you for a couple of days. The key is to buy a heat gun ($25 at wally world) decal remover and fishing line. The heat gun makes it a lot easier to remove, after heating up the badges, take the fishing line and slide it inbetween the badge and truck and they should just fall right off. Now here comes the super fun part (not at all), you have to get all the black sticky tape off the truck still. There is a couple of ways to do this:

1. spray the decal remover on it and let it set for few minutes and then start trying to remove the tape, repeating this many many many times until it's all gone.Make sure you have plenty and I do mean plenty of clean soft rags (cotton works), each side you use of the rag is no longer good to use again due to it retransfering the goo back onto the truck causeing more of a mess.

2. use the heat gun on it until it starts to get super stick and then using gloves (that wont scratch your paint) or gloves with rubber gloves over them (so you wont scratch the paint) and start to peel the tape away. There will be some sticky goo left behind but when your done, just spray the decal remover over it and wipe it away. Make sure you wear some kinda glove that will keep you from burning your finger tips when you go to rub the tape off, or you'll end up with blistered finger tips...

There may be another way but I don't know about it, I've removed badges on a few vehicles that I've owned and I've done it both ways and I perfer using the heat gun.

#10 ·
Looking Good.....real good! :smileup:

#12 ·
man those hoods are sweet looking. I didnt like how they added the 1500 to the 11, great mod by taking those off. how you like the deep water blue?

#13 ·
you can go to the dealer and get touch up paint in spray cans for you paint project. they are like 8 bucks for 8ozs. worth it IMO, that way your engine cover matches your truck color exactly...just thought you might like to know

#15 ·
you can go to the dealer and get touch up paint in spray cans for you paint project. they are like 8 bucks for 8ozs. worth it IMO, that way your engine cover matches your truck color exactly...just thought you might like to know
Yeah I've never been a factory badge guy, always ended up removing the badges reguardless of vehicle((dodge, chevy, truck, car), When dodge came out with the newer emblem that just said "RAM", I was like hey thats not too bad, it's a good statement of what the truck is, but isn't over doing it. When I bought my 2011, I LOVED the color, but I wasn't too thrilled with the "paragraph" on the sides. So I did what I always do, debadged it, and I love it. It makes that blue scream even more, I think. Thanks for the info on the paint, I looked at Oreilly's and they didn't have our color yet. So I'll be stopping in the dealer this week to pick up a can or two.

#17 ·
:smileup:It toally looks great...............keep it up:smileup:

#21 ·
love that color

#24 ·
Well I changed a little to my truck today. I stopped by the dealer the other day and ordered some deep water blue paint so I could paint the engine cover. (havn't done it yet) Just so you know, paint cans are about $9.00 for a 8oz can (super$$$$) anyways.... I decided to see how much the HEMI decal that goes on the challenger hood was, to my suprise it was only 6.75 a decal. So I bought two of them and decided to add them to my truck, I like the look of it better then the factory one that comes on the RAM. Whatcha think???
This is of it before with the RAM Hemi decal...

This is with the new HEMI decal....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.