DODGE RAM FORUM banner

deal on tires what do you think?

966 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  krafcheck 
#1 ·
There is 3 tires that are 99% new and 3 that have about 40% tread left. the three that are 40 percent he will email me pictures and actual measurement of tread depth. The are 35x12.50r20 ProComp xtreme at's. the price for all six is $600.

My other option is to take the 3 good newer ones and buy a new one for 400 and the other three will be 150 a piece.

:smileup::smiledown:

Not sure what to do with 6 tires

#5 ·
That does sound like a good deal. 6 tires for 600 is pretty good. Ya 35" tires are pretty expensive so it would be good idea. You can at least have a couple spare tires which is always good.

Also you can look at retreading the tires to make use of them when the others go. You can have tires for the next few years hha

#6 ·
just waiting on some pictures but im 100% sure i will get one of the packages. even if i do have to spend 400 on one tire. i am hoping that the three with 40% are good to go. hopefully they have even more tread. I was thinking have my spare mounted with one of the lowest amount of tread and maybe once or twice a year take off one of the the tires and swap them with the 6th tire to try and make the tires last longer and eventually get them more evenly worn.

#7 ·
update. just bought them at lunch today. will get put on tomorrow or the next day. I got 3 new tires and 3 used tires for $500. Two of the used aint all that great but have decent amount of tread (40-50%). the third used one will start the ball rolling and once a year i will switch that tire out with the other used ones until i have equal thread depth than start rotating them all out. they are pro comp 35x12.5r20 xtreme at's. I now will have 4 cooper discover ht plus tires sized 275/60r20 with about 10,000 miles on them. not sure but the nipples were still on the outer edge of tires when i got the truck. if anyone interested let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.