DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Firestone Air Spring Tips

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  williamhartle 
#1 ·
I just ordered some Firestone Ride Rite 2286 Air Springs. Anyone have any experience with these? Any installation advice?

I watched some Youtube how-to install videos and they don't seem like they are too difficult but thought I'd ask. Ready to get the back end up to get this truck leveled out :smileup:

#2 ·
installed a set on a 2010 and its really straight forward remove bumpers and install airbags really easy

#3 ·
I know that mine will be different (coil springs vs. leaf springs) but by bumpers do you mean bump stops on the suspension or the rear bumper?

#4 ·
yes the bumpstops they come out and thats where the bags go. there will be some brackets that get mounted there for the bags as well.

#5 ·
I installed them last night and you were right, not too bad. I am currently running 25 psi in them and that has my truck pretty level (front was too high with Bilsteins). I think the truck may ride a little better in my opinion. Someone told me they thought the bags would lose pressure over time and I would have to continually check them. Is there any truth to this? I plan to put an onboard pump on in the future but if the bags tend to leak down then I will be doing this sooner than I expected.

#6 ·
the set i installed for my dad seem fine they loose a little just like a tire will and he fulls a 36 foot fifth wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.