DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What brand rear air bags (firestone or air lift) for towing upgrade?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  GregInAtl 
#1 ·
i see both firestone and air lift make a very similar product for aiding the rear suspension while towing (09-11 1500). i was wondering if anyone has had any 1st hand experience with either brand?

*both products install in the inside of the coil spring
*both products appear to be VERY similar per the manufacturer's installation instructions
*both products have an inflation range of 5-35 psi
*both are priced similar
*firestone's claim to support up to 1000 lbs, air lift's claim 2000 lbs

anyone have any pros and cons to these two products?

#2 ·
I don't have experience with either, but was wondering if you had looked at, or considered Timbren SES suspension enhancement. A lot less costly, easy to install, and no air compressor to give issue in the winter. :)

#3 ·
My Firestones blew out the bottoms of the bags after only 4 months. It seems they can't take the winter climates as many others have had the same problem. Sent them for warranty, but might go with the Airlifts as they seem to hold up better.

#4 ·
I love my air lift, but I bet they are firestone bags...the gauge that came w/ the kit says it right on it.

#6 ·
My pressure gauge w/ the air lift kit says Firestone. About 90% of all bags on the road are firestone and almost 100% on over the road trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.