DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Brakes locking up in Reverse?

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ramcares 
#1 ·
Ok this has happened twice now!!:mad: when I put the Ram in reverse it's like the rear breaks are locked and the truck has anti lock brakes:wtf: anyone have any ideals? I know if I take it to the dealer they are going to try to stick it to me. the truck has 40,000 on her so I don't know if the break system will be under waranty or not.:4-dontknow: Thanks for any help on this

G
#2 ·
i know brakes are only warrantied 12months 12 thousand miles b/c i work at a chrysler jeep dealer ive never heard of this problem though do you have rear disc or drum if drum i would pull the drums and adjust the rear shoes

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum ScubaChris!
Unfortunately you replied to an 11 year-old thread, so you're not likely to get much of a response. It's an easy mistake to make - folks do it all the time, and i've done it myself a couple of times. It does pay to check the date of the most recent reply on a comment thread before adding a comment.
If you're having problems with your truck, I'd recommend you start a new thread with your question(s) in a appropriate forum. If you need any help figuring out the best place to put your question, let me know by replying here and I'll do what I can to help.
Again, welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.