DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Heating & Cooling
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Heating & Cooling 4th Gen Dodge Ram Heating & Cooling Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: Quad Cab 4x4
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:45
Power Wagon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohawk View Post
I have now counted 7 people I know that all have new Ram trucks, 2013 and newer, all of them with the 5.7 hemi, and not a single one with any funky smell of anykind. This is the most bizarre issue I've ever heard of and am thinking that this could all be an act of a single (or even a couple of people) disgruntled saboteur? I've been around engines and various compounds all my life (all my patriarchs are motorheads, engineers and technicians) and have never encountered anything remotely like what's being described in this thread. It's just very unnatural. My sympathies to those that are dealing with this but it sure is strange there is yet no real description of how this happens.
Same here. I know 5 people (me included) with 2013's or newer with no smell whatsoever. Your second sentence is about on the money. How do I know ? Because my brother-in-law's stepson is a twenty-something Chevy freak kid and him and his Chevy buddies have been trolling this board with phony stories about the smell. He was laughing his butt off about it. I'm surprised nobody has noticed the number of first time or low count posters with the "Oh my truck has the stank" baloney. I'm sure there are a few issues, but nothing like what's been showing up here. I have a buddy at a rather good sized ChryCo dealer near me who says he has yet to see a single case where the cause wasn't known. The couple of issues he's seen were caused by mixing 2 different types of coolant.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: white
Rep:10
mygt8a4re is on a distinguished road

I can assure, the thread starter and numerous others posting about the bad smell issue, including myself are not trolls. You can do a search on my screen name and view the threads I have posted in and have started to prove it to yourself if you want to. The issue was not fake and was so terrible my wife and son would no longer ride in my truck the last few months I had owned it. I sold my Ram do to this issue and miss the truck very badly. Enough that I have stayed part of this community even after the sale and am now thinking about purchasing another one. Now that I am aware of the problem I know what to check for and what areas to check. Im also hoping the chance of getting another one with a smell issue would be alot less likely.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:23 PM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:28
ramit355 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Power Wagon;1602551].
Same here. I know 5 people (me included) with 2013's or newer with no smell whatsoever. Your second sentence is about on the money. How do I know ? Because my brother-in-law's stepson is a twenty-something Chevy freak kid and him and his Chevy buddies have been trolling this board with phony stories about the smell. He was laughing his butt off about it. I'm surprised nobody has noticed the number of first time or low count posters with the "Oh my truck has the stank" baloney. I'm sure there are a few issues, but nothing like what's been showing up here. I have a buddy at a rather good sized ChryCo dealer near me who says he has yet to see a single case where the cause wasn't known. The couple of issues he's seen were caused by mixing 2 different types of coolant.
.[/QUO

I can assure its real no trolls.........call Superior \dodge in Ashand Ky where i dumped the stinking sob for another new Ram .....new one has no issues at all in 8500 miles.....
Old 03-29-2015, 06:06 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: white
mygt8a4re is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=ramit355;1602631]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Wagon View Post
.[/QUO

I can assure its real no trolls.........call Superior \dodge in Ashand Ky where i dumped the stinking sob for another new Ram .....new one has no issues at all in 8500 miles.....
Thanx for chiming in Ramit355, the nonsense that comes from these issues is more rediculous than the issues themselves in a sense (or should I say "scents")....To all those who have gave up thier loved Ram due to this issue, I applaud you for keeping up here and commenting on your thoughts and knowledge on the subject. Its helping both those who have dealt with it as well as those currently dealing with it. Its easy for others to say how they know no one with the issue or have heard anyone they know hearing of it. Thats what forums are for. Nothing seems like an ordeal to those not experiencing the same thing. This is no "boy who cried wolf" senario, its a real matter people are dealing with. Try to add some help or insight please, dont bash or call us trolls!
Old 03-29-2015, 08:25 PM

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:28
ramit355 is on a distinguished road

Your welcome....Chrysler should step up to the plate and a take some of the "isolated" loss as they refer to it. My Dealer thought I was way off until Chrysler flushed it two times and stink ran them out of the shop at Dealer!!! LOL.

[QUOTE=mygt8a4re;1602658]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit355 View Post

Thanx for chiming in Ramit355, the nonsense that comes from these issues is more rediculous than the issues themselves in a sense (or should I say "scents")....To all those who have gave up thier loved Ram due to this issue, I applaud you for keeping up here and commenting on your thoughts and knowledge on the subject. Its helping both those who have dealt with it as well as those currently dealing with it. Its easy for others to say how they know no one with the issue or have heard anyone they know hearing of it. Thats what forums are for. Nothing seems like an ordeal to those not experiencing the same thing. This is no "boy who cried wolf" senario, its a real matter people are dealing with. Try to add some help or insight please, dont bash or call us trolls!
Old 03-30-2015, 09:37 AM

Vehicle: 2013 1500 4x4 5.7 6spd
Trim Level: Express QC 6'4" bed
Color: Polar White
Rep:44
turbohawk is on a distinguished road

Today, make that a total of 14 people I now know personally with 2013 and newer Ram 1500's, from the Pentastar to the EcoDiesel, even one with the 4.7L V8, the rest are 5.7's and none stink and none of them have even heard of this issue.

Then, while having an oil change and tire repair at my dealer, I ask them about this "stink issue" and they look at me like I'm about to crack a joke. None of them have heard of it. Yeah, it's a small dealer in Seguin, Tx but they move a LOT of trucks and not one has smelled funny unless there was a literal skunk on the lot.

So, I'm still wondering, WHAT IN THE WORLD is going on with those that have this? Is it really the mixing of coolants, and if so, why would there be a large mixing and wouldn't the factory managers have gotten the memo by now? I have both types of coolant in my garage and could mix them in a jar and see what happens...I guess an experiment is underway then.

I really still think this is disgruntled employee action somewhere at the factory. It's just too random.

My heart goes out to those that have suffered the "stank".
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012
Trim Level: Express
Color: True Blue
blakern is on a distinguished road

My 2014 has the "stank" I have 5858 miles on it. Only notice it when the A/C is on and its not all the time. I would think eventually this smell would work its self out. IDK??