DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Washing & waxing my truck

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  CajunDodge 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got finished washing and waxing the truck. I went to Advance Auto to pick up some wax but what I don't understand is that they had about 20 brands and types of polishes and compounds and only about 5 carnuba waxes and maybe 3 synthetics. Even more odd was that they had Mothers power ball which comes with a small bottle of Synwax, but they don't stock the Synwax. They had Mothers compound and cleaner wax but no carnuba wax. They did have the entire line of turtle waxes, a 100 different tire shine sprays, an array of clay bar kits, and a gazillion wheel cleaners and chrome polishes.

It was getting late so I decided to get some ICE liquid wax. Since the weather was bad for a few weeks I was desperate to do a quick little touch up on the truck. The bottle says it hazes in about 3-5 minutes. I never saw it haze at all, even after 10-15 minutes. It wasn't hot outside and it was cloudy. It did feel smooth and slippery after I buffed it off though so I guess something's there. Here are the results. It's shiny but it definately doesn't give you that depth that I wanted. I know I gotta use some carnuba but I hate when I get that white residue on the black trim.

Enjoy the beauty of BLUEEEEEEEEE!!! This one's you BlueJet!!

This is before washing.

This is after washing and drying.

This is after the final result after 1 coat of ICE liquid wax. I wanted to do 2 coats but it got dark quick.

Can't really tell all that much since I guess it's blue and metallic. The dirt doesn't really show that much. I had some bird doo doo that was stuck on really badly, even after washing the truck twice. I had to rub on some regular wax and let it sit there for a little while until it softened up. Learned my lesson. When people tell you "Don't park under trees" or "You better get that bird doo doo off your paint!" You'd better listen. :eek:ld:

See less See more
#3 ·
looks awesome kind of like the thread for earlier with the other blue ram

#10 ·
Thanks, when I see her I still can't believe it's mine. Never had such a nice car or truck.

Great job! It's all shiny!!! Come do mine, man, cause it needs it! LOL
Jezz, your truck is a lot bigger than mine. I couldn't imagine how long it would take.

Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my face.......that is one BEE - U - TE - FUL BLUE truck!!!!! You done good today!!!! :D
I thought you'd enjoy it. Could this be Blue's big sister? Gotta come up with a name though.

#13 ·
:LOL: Close up it was dirty and had some bird droppings too. The station I work at is right by the airport and it's a straight line with the runway that planes land. Every few minutes another airliner goes in for a landing. After a 24 hour shift, the hood and roof is covered with jet fuel exhaust. Worse of all is that we are probably breathing that junk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.