DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Lifetime Drive Train Warrentee

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  eltoro2 
#1 ·
Just got my 2009 1500 back from the dealer for the 30K miles service.. The service manager told me to expect a postcard in the mail at the 5 yr aniversary regarding the lifetime warrentee. They want the vehicle to be inspected by the dealer at the 5 yr mark to continue the warrentee. If the vehicle is NOT inspected within 30 days of receiving the card (or maybe sending of the card) then the lifetime warrentee is automatically voided. I'm planning on making the appointment as soon as I receive the card.

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up on this. There is no sense in allowing Chrysler to get away with nulling the warrentee for no real reason.

On the other hand, the 30K service cost me almost $1000.... OUCH.. There's no reason that they can't come up with a system like other manufacturers to allow tuneups at the 100k mile mark.

Andy

#2 ·
Just wanted to give everyone the heads up on this. There is no sense in allowing Chrysler to get away with nulling the warrentee for no real reason.

Andy
No real reason? If you saw the deplorable condition of some of the vehicles I see on an almost daily basis, you'd understand why Chrysler insists on these inspections. Let's say you ran over something in the road that you couldn't avoid and it flew up and cracked your transfer case and the fluid begins to slowly leak out and you don't notice it. When all the fluid leaks out and the case burns up, should Chrysler replace it under warranty when there's obvious impact damage? These inspections aren't a way of nulling the warrentee [sic], but a way of protecting themselves from customers that may try to put the screws to them.

#3 ·
By NO REAL REASON, I mean being denied the coverage when the vehicle was presented for inspection and would have passed but was 2 days beyond the 30 day inspection period.

You can take your cynicism and place it where the sun doesn't shine. I don't like being treated this way FOR NO REAL REASON!!!!

Andy

#5 ·
To me, having a lifetime powertrain warranty is awesome, great peace of mind, and if all they ask is that I get it inspected every 5 years to keep that and satisfy the requirement, it's tough to argue with that kind of coverage. :)

- Cajun

#6 ·
I don't have a problem with them doing the inspection. That wasn't the point.. What the dealer told me is that there was a 30 day limit on the inspection period.. And that they had a customer who was beyond that period by two days and the coverage was denied even though the vehicle would have passed the inspection.. I have not yet been denied any coverage on my truck anda I don't expect that to happen.

All I was trying to convey with the original post was to get your vehicle inspected by them in the timeframe that they allow. I wouldn't want to be denied the coverage just because of the time limitation for inspections.. Would you like to be denied coverage because of that? Forwarned is forarmed...

I certainly wouldn't expect coverage for what Ramtech described, I just was appauled by the tone of the post.. There was no antagonizing words in my original post to be treated in this manner.. If you can't take the warning to get you vehicle inpected in the timeframe alloted, then move on to another post...

Andy

#8 ·
Andy, I agree that your post was informative and not abrasive in any way. It was just a reminder to others on the forum that have the lifetime warranty to get their truck inspected on time. I don't know why people have to be so abrasive on these forums. I wouldn't let it bother you too much. If you are like me, "sharp objects" are generally the people that you wouldn't want to hang out with in your normal life anyways!

#13 ·
I assume I will get something in the mail on the 5 year anniversary. Do I need to do anything before that?

Purchased 7/5/09. I have 18,000 miles on it. I put 600 miles on it last year so I obviously don't drive it much. I am going to get a 2013 Hemi 8sp Longhorn and thinking of giving the 09 to my son as he just turned 16. I will keep it in my name so the warranty stays in tack.

#14 · (Edited)
I also have the '09
I asked customer service if it was going to need a 5 year inspection & i was told that it would not be necessary, because all my oil changes are done by Dodge

They have all my records in the computers, except for the
transmission service & complete flush, but the 2 filters were purchased from them & they delivered the filters to a ASE Certified shop
The same ASE approved shop serviced my rear differential & installed my Catch Can

I now have 83,000 miles on the '09
shock absorbers are worn out
original brakes should be close to needing replacement, i will be getting a brake fluid flush, when the pads get changed

I also don't know how long i'll be keeping it, everything mechanical is covered on it for its life
Lifetime Drive Train Warranty
Lifetime Maximum Care Warranty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.