DODGE RAM FORUM banner

HVAC fan noise

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  pgh234 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else is bothered by a very noisy HVAC fan. It sounds like a bearing is bad in the fan and makes a constant higher pitched squeeky sound when on even the lowest setting.

Of course one dealer says "we consulted Chrysler and it is normal" and others simply "cant hear it"...even when I make them compare it to another truck.

Any TSB's or anything like that out there for me to throw at my wonderful service department?

Thanks.

#3 ·
I hear a noise, but I heard it in my 2010 and my 2011, so I would say its the "HEMI TICK" for the fan.

you mainly hear it on the first setting.

#4 ·
On settings 3 and 4...the blowing air tends to drown out the bearing-type noise. However, on settings 1 and 2, I have to have the radio way up to avoid going nuts.

The pitch does not change with fan speed...but you can hear the fan spinning faster. Of course there is no noise when it is turned off. It is clearly related to the spinning of the fan blade. I have thought of just WD-40'ing something in there...but that is not what warranty is for.

#6 ·
That is why I am asking for help...I have tried two dealers who have refused to fix it. One of them refused to fix my non-functioning stereo the first 6 times I went in...but that is a different story. I thought Chrysler compensated them for this stuff. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.