DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New True Duals Help!!

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  snrusnak 
#1 ·
Hey guys. im about to put true duals on my 07 Hemi, but im starting to wonder about flowmasters or other options and what size tips. I love the flowmaster sound and i have several friends who love their flowmasters. i am thinking about the Super 44. i want something that is loud and aggressive but not like daggum Nascar!! and i am also debating on what size tips! im going with the duals angled out the back with angled slash tips, i think im gunna go with the 5 inch tips but im not sure if it will be too big?? i like the big aggressive look though! Please give any advice, input, and pics!! THANKS!

#3 ·
I've got a magnaflow with a Y-pipe and angled tips. This was the set-up that was on the truck when I bought it used.

I like the sound of the magnaflow and it is not as obnoxious and gargled as some of the other's I've heard on local dodge's. Though, being our engines are known for being loud I wouldn't recommend with going to an aggressive muffler or for the fact when your MDS kicks on your going to hate it...

#4 ·
If you do duals all the way make sure to put a crossover in (h pipe or x pipe) else you will lose power. A good y pipe setup is just as good as duals.

Flowmaster is fine but is chambered which will perform barely better than stock. If you want performance check magnaflow, dynomax, etc.(straight through types). They are actually quieter IMO at low rpm and louder at WOT. Just want you want, usually.

The more volume in the muffler the quieter it is.

Tips are all appearance, basically nothing to do with performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.