DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How do you use your Ram?

How Many of you use your Ram as a daily driver?

59K views 385 replies 339 participants last post by  Profkanz 
#1 · (Edited)
Just curious. For me, I bought my Ram as a replacement for my daily driver because I needed the extra interior room for an expanding family, and wanted the option to carry whatever I need from Home Depot all while having 4WD capability in the winter. Seems like a good combo to me.

My co-workers think I'm nuts in terms of the fuel expense (I get around 15-16 on a combined city/highway loop which I think is excellent, and not too far away from how my 300M behaved), but I found when comparing SUVs and trucks that most of the SUVs I looked at got fairly crappy mileage and had less interior room.

Just wanted to see if I'm in the minority here or the majority (and yes, I'm bored at work today).

#129 ·
I have to be honest... It's a garage queen for now.. I am driving the beater in the winter and saving the truck for the nice summer days... I know sounds crazy but I thought hey, I waited for this truck for a while....

My wife is a farm girl and she looks at me like I'm crazy....lol

#130 ·
I got a Challenger at first, and had a Camry for a daily driver. It was clear that car was not going to survive another winter. So we decided to buy a Ram as a daily driver for me. Well having 3 cars is just not looking very practical for us, so we are going to sell my wife's 09 Mini Cooper and she will drive the Challenger daily. Besides, I'm finding that I really like driving my truck. The seats are more comfortable for me than the Challenger, and my wife is really happy about having a really nice car for herself and that we will only have 2 cars. I have a 52 mile round trip to work, and then all the other little trips. I'm guessing it will see about 300 miles per week.

It's only slightly modded for now. I'm hoping that I can add a lift kit and some 35s this year or next year. I kind of feel like I need to use up these Goodyears that came on my truck. I mean, I paid for them, so I might as well get my money's worth out of them

#140 ·
I don't know how to change my vote but my ram is Used when it is called for (2nd choice)

#143 ·
I use my Ram everyday to drive to work, go fishing/hunting, city runs, etc etc. Its all I have on the road right now, my best tank was 20mpg (very light foot, summer blend gas, supreme grade, also truck had many less KM's).

I used to drive my 91' Ram everywhere, everyone thought I was crazy, and maybe at 8mpg I was a little crazy. I hate to admit it but im now considering buying a Toyota Tercel for a beater/ daily driver, at least it will keep the km's off my truck, and with fuel prices climbing again (nearly $1.40/ litre here in NS now)

#151 ·
Daily driver 50 mile round trip commute. Work in the city, the other teachers think I am crazy, I love being the biggest car in the teachers parking lot. Especially on snowy days.

The price difference for additional insurance, second car maintenance, and all that will probably even out the difference in gas prices. "You only live once, enjoy it!"

#153 ·
Use it for work everyday all day only thing i hate is when my employees have to drive it. makes me cringe to think what they are doing to it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.