DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Hows Flowmasters sound

4K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  chefred112 
#1 ·
Got a 2012 ram express had muffler took off. Sounds good, but too loud for my liking. Not to mention it sounds like crap when MDS kicks in. Anyone know if flowmasters sound any better with MDS? If not, probably going back to stock.
Input please.

#2 ·
I have a super 44 and y pipe and I absolutely love mine!

#8 ·
^ sorry I didn't get to this thread sooner I was going to post videos but if your already on your way. There in my mod thread tho... No complaints love the sound!

#13 ·
strictly sound mod, none of the higher performance guys run them..I've been there (flow 50) when i was slower...couldn't stand the noise incab after a year...

#15 ·
3" true dual? too big..if your goin that route go 2.5" with X or H...if going the Y route, you can do 3" after the Y..with that said I kinda did a true dual 3" setup to muffler, then 3 1/2" single out.. but I do have mods to support the large flow...

#16 ·
I have a single in dual out flowmaster on my 2012 and it sounds great. Has a nice sound not too loud not too quite. you can barley hear it in the cab unless your flooring it. The mds isnt really noticable. Its not agressive enough for me so i just ordered new everything. (Look at new thread)

#18 ·
wait til those flows break in..I loved it when i first installed flow 50's sounded mean and i thought it was pretty quiet incab...than as time went by i was embarrassed to bring family, let alone other passengers because it was so loud incab..plus at wot it just didn't sound right from the outside...

#20 ·
if your a flow guy and like flows, that's all that matters..I wanted performance and flows rank near the bottom as far as performance goes with the hemi's....different for other cars but a performance hinderer on the ram's...

#21 ·
Well i had an 18" magnaflow on my 2012 and i just took it off. I just didn't like it. Way to quiet, not very aggressive, just sounded all around weak. Just did not impress me. So, i went with a Flo-Pro power pack. I had it on my Ford and loved it as well.That thing is simply sick. Best acceleration tone i have ever heard out of a truck. Great idle and just a hum on the highway. I like flowmasters but they just do not hold up where rust is an issue. They are guaranteed to rust out. I highly recommend these flo pros to anybody with a newer Hemi Ram. Also, if anyone wants a used 18" magnaflow let me know (has 10,000 miles on it).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.