DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel help please wont start..

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Hendogg 
#1 ·
Hi all.. Hope all is doing better than me.. I bout a recked 2005 dodge ram 3500 Diesel About 6 or 8 months back and it would start and run and i drove it up on a trailer and brout it home then work picked up and did not have time to get it fixed.. But now that i have time the to fix it.. Some jack a$$ that must of needed some parts worse than me desided to take # 4 fuel line and the crank sincere off of it.. And i went to dodge and bout a new fuel line and crank sincere and put them on and now it wont start.. I can use starting fluid and it will start and run about 4 or 5 min's and then just die.. It has gave me some Codes and they are.. P0118,P0148,P2509 And that is all the codes that it will give me.. And it will start off of starting fluid and run, but not off of the key with out a few shouts of Fluid first.. And i would like to get it fixed so that i can drive it.. Kaz my 06 with a Hemi is killing me on the 10-12 mpg that i am getting out of it..

Any help would be grate..

Thanks..
Hendogg :sad:

#2 ·
I'm no diesel tech by any stretch of the imagination. But I do know those things have to have nice clean fuel and good pressure on the fuel too. So the first thing I'd check is the entire fuel system. Next would be to ensure all air filters and air sensors are clean and operational.

Can't help on the codes, but you might be able to call Autozone, NAPA, or even the dealer with those codes and have them tell you what they mean.

#4 ·
Well still no luck with the dodge.. have replaced the 1100.00 CP3 pump and the 400.00 lift pump, new fuel filter.. Still will not start and run off of the key. Can put some gas on a rag and put it over the air intake and get it started and it will run about 5 min or so and die like you turned off the key.. Have done this 7 or 8 times and bleaned the lines 7 or 8 times and still no luck.. Any other ideas??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.