DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Reprograming 2010 Ram Key Fob

26K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  GTyankee 
#1 ·
Can we reprogram fob from one truck to another ? I bought two on E-Bay motors used from a 2010 truck and thought I could reprogram them to my 2010 truck.. Did I just waste $25.00 ? Did not like the idea of having no way of statring the truck if I wost or missed placed the fob in a remote place and was unable to use the hid akey of old. :4-dontknow:

#2 ·
once a FOB or FOBIK is programmed on any vehicle, it can't be used on a different vehicle, the memory chip is in the FOB, under the battery, now if you had a new chip to put in there ..........

thats the way locksmiths can order them & reuse them

by the way, not all eBay sellers sell you used units, some have the brand new ones

LOCKSMITHS get theirs from most of the same places as Chrysler/Dodge get theirs & for cheaper prices & they can program them also
this is one such place that locksmiths use
http://www.michaelhyde.com/product_p/dge-rmt-ram378.htm
each fobik from a locksmith cost around $140 without the emergency BLANK key, blank uncut emergency key is about $8

note: You are able to program 2010 DODGE RAM Remote key (FOBIK) by yourself if you have two working keys (or keys that start the vehicle). You can use the printed programming instructions that we send to make the key work for your vehicle. The instructions are very easy to understand and can be performed in less than a minute. If you only have one working key for 2010 DODGE RAM , the programming can only be done at the locksmith or dealership. This Remote key comes with New battery installed and is tested for functionality before sending.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.