DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Backup Horn

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  domn8r 
#1 ·
I have searched this site for information on this nuisance. I have a 2006 Ram 3500 with Cummins 5.9. The truck horn blows when in reverse w/ door open. I understand the safety aspect, but, when backing into a tight spot without a lookout, I have to get in/out of the truck a few times to get all the way in. I have to close the door each time to avoid the horn blowing.

With the Ford's I've had in the past, there was a "hokey pokey" series of steps you could do (mash brake 3x, push door lock 2x, turn key on, repeat, ....) to keep some alarms from going off.

Is there anything like this for the Dodge?

#2 ·
May be a stupid question but have you looked at your manual? I know the manual tells you how to set your door lock light/sound indicator, reset your oil light indicator, ect.? Also, if there is nothing in the manual, try calling your local dealer. They may know how to shut it off if it can be shut-off.

#3 ·
The back-up absolutely sucks. You can solve the problem easy, it will take care of the seatbelt ding as well. Look under your seat by the seat belt, you should see a plug that goes into the seat belt latch(bolted to floor) unplug the plug and short the connectors to the plug going under the carpet. I just used a flat blade connector, not permanent and solves all your problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.