DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Abs & brake light

14K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Colborn 1 
#1 ·
ABS & BRAKE LIGHT only turn on every 2 or 3 days. At first I was assuming bad ABS sensor but wouldn't it stay on if sensor was bad? So now im thinking bad connection. I also noticed on the days lights turn on im traveling almost always 35-45mph. Now thats gotta be a hint. Rookie question... is there 1 ABS sensor in the rear axle & 1 on each front tire?

#6 ·
Mine is still doing it also and I have a 2007. I replaced the ABS Speed Sensor on the rear axle but it still comes on every now and then. I only have one other ABS Speed sensor on the front left hub and I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it worked fine for a few days but when it rained the light came on again so it may be the one built into that hub. Of course I still have brakes but it just bugs me. I may have to get mine scanned also instead of throwing parts at the problem.

#7 ·
Im wondering if I have one on my hub aswell... Just wondering if there's any visual signs that may indicate a bad abs sensor?

#11 ·
Prioritizing Kinda

Hopfully this weekend i'll be able to get it scanned. Its been so busy with my newborn this week feels like everythings on the backburner. Get this, did you guys know newborns feed EVERRRYYYY TWWWOOOO AAAAHWWWERRS!! for the first 2 months! No shut eye overhear. :doh:

#12 ·
Finally fixt

I know it took awhile but I finally got that abs light to turn off. I ended up replacing the abs sensor on my rear axle. Thanks for your help RAMTECH.

#13 ·
abs fixed

Hello again, I know its been awhile that I have posted on this thread but just wanted to let you know RAMTECH, the abs rear axle sensor was swaped out at the dealer today! Man the dash feels sorta naked without the" BRAKE" and "ABS" lights on lol. Thanks again buddy your the "Eye in da Sky" apprciated :smileup:

#14 ·
I know this is an old post but I've been hving a similar problem with my 03 it is rwal equipped and I was getting an abs lamp every couple days but my speedo is working fine checked line an plug connections to rear diff sensor okay. Scanned rwal and found code 78 foundation brake. Hoping it's just a sensor and not an rwal mod. Any help would be appreciated. A quetion for the main poster was ur speedo working? Cause mine certainly is. Helps appreciated I hate cluster lamps!!:(!!

#16 ·
Yeah speedometer's working fine. Dont know much myself bout codes but im sure you'll get a response soon. Are both your "BRAKE" & "ABS" lights on?

#17 ·
This may sound crazy but listen. I have an 03 Dodge Ram 1500. Had same problem. changed out rear sensor twice. Flushed out rear differential. No fix. I changed out my rear shocks with heavy duty shocks. The ones I took off were 1 original and one aftermarket. My abs/brake light came on intermittently. I figured ok I changed out the back shocks i will change front ones too. Both original shocks. After replacing all four shocks my truck rode level. Therefore my fluids were level. No more abs/brake light. If your shocks are good the fluid in the differential will be level. Just my two cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.