DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Window Switch

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mulliflier2 
#1 ·
What might be involved in changing the control for the passenger window to be like the driver's side in that it is click to go down without holding it? Is it as simple as changing out the switch itself or will I need to look into a modification of the motor itself?

#4 · (Edited)
Chances are its your drivers switch module (the bank of switches on the drivers door). My passenger and back window switches used to work at their own discretion only, until the drivers switch only pulled the window down, and took an act of congress to get it back up. I changed out the drivers bank of switches and all switches work normally now. After researching a bit about my lock problem, apparently everything runs through that drivers module and when that malfunctions, it causes everything else to act wacky.

#5 ·
interesting - my passenger side window switch is also somewhat intermittent, and I thought maybe some water had gotten down in there and corroded the contacts. Now I will have to pull apart the drivers side door first...how much was that part, and did you have to get it from a dodge dealership or were you able to find it at a local parts store?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.