DODGE RAM FORUM banner

accessory power

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  erieriverrat 
#1 ·
Ok this is going to be a little painfull.

2003 ram 1500, have no power to anything without the key in. when key is on have power to the locks at every door only if driverside door is closed, no power window work except the drivers door swithces, no accessories work either way(key on or off) accessories as in radio, obd terminal, cig lighter, but I do get interior lights then. cabin lights do not work at all unless key is on. I have tapped into the fuse panel as a temp fix for the radio and cig lighter. I like most am not the strongest in electrical. Not too sure where to start (ignition switch, intrament cluster, and or each swith windows locks lights) Any ideas?

#3 ·
I'm no expert either but, first thing to do would be to check each and every fuse and relay in both boxes. Also check the power and ground where it enters the fuse boxes. Lots of items on the truck should get power without the key, so I'm guessing the problem is part of your fuse panel is not getting power. Make sure your battery is putting out at least 12.0 volts at the terminals with engine off and 13.6 or higher when running. If all of the above check out the problem may be the ignition switch.

#4 ·
The ignition switch is cheap so I think I will start there... I checked all the fuses and rellays it seems some the accessory power wires from the ignition are dead.... I was told the instrument cluster caries the power for the interior lights but have not been able to confirm or deny that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.