DODGE RAM FORUM banner

04' Ram 2500 fuse holder help

10K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  kyle.legg 
#1 ·
I have taken out an air bag fuse by mistake. They are located in the main fuse box under the hood. They are the ones with the fancy yellow holders holding them in place. But, the main dash /under hood light holder is the same, just black in color
My question is, now how do I get the yellow holder part to go back into the panel? It extended out about 3/4 of an inch as I easily pulled it out, now it will not go back in. There must be a way to squeeze it or something to allow it back in place. Thanks, Ray here in a very fozen Oregon

#5 ·
Sorry, just the way you wrote it came off as being cynical when I really do feel dumb about taking it out in the first place.
Pushing harder does not get it back in. But, the harder I push, the closer I am to breaking off the little tongs that go into the box itself

#8 ·
I sort of figured it out. I don't know why, but that fuse holder had a little sort of trap door that closed down over the top of the fuse.

I was able to bop that open with a screwdriver, and then I could remove the fuse.

As far as pushing the housing mechanism and fuse back down into the fuse box, I accomplished that by just pushing on it really hard.

btw, the fuse itself was still good, so I didn't replace and I still have a short somewhere on that circuit. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.