DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New 03 Ram, electrical question...

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  breakbeat 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and just had a quick question about my new Ram I bought a few days ago.

I've been looking at putting a kill switch into my cab because I'm cheap and I wasn't told if the truck had an alarm installed already. Looking at some un-used panels on my dash, I found a little clear button just left of the steering column.

I thought it might be a kill switch already installed but it turns out, when the key is in accessory mode, and button pushed, it flashes blue, car chirps once or twice, and it does nothing other than that as far as I can tell. When the key is out and the button is pressed, I get nothing.

Poking arround in the engine bay, there is an extra wire running from my positive terminal on my battery, but I'm not able to trace it much farther, and I haven't gone poking arround much in the cab to find out where it runs either; I was just currious if anyone knew anything about this mystery button. I'll try and post pics if need be.

Thanks in advance.

// edit //

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0WftjxvAuI
@00:25, you can hear me take the key out of the ignition.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.