DODGE RAM FORUM banner

MagnaFlow CatBack System w/ Y-Pipe

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  crazyrealtor 
#1 ·
I just ordered my MagnaFlow CatBack Exhaust System (16869) and a Y-Pipe (10778) for my 2011 Quad Cab 1500. I paid less than $520 shipped from Au********ng. They beat the shipped price from another store that I was a little worried about using. This store is very good and I have only had great customer service from them.

I plan on replacing some of the piping from the cats to the Y-Pipe with some Mandrel Bent Pipe. I have read that the bends in the stock piping is restrictive. Anyone know what I should get as far as piping. 90Degree bends? 45degree? 304 or 409 SS?

I got my Ram less than a month ago. The stock exhaust system currently has less than 700 miles on it. If anyone is interested in a new dual exhaust system for a good price, let me know. I will keep all my boxes from the MagnaFlow system so I can ship it.

I will post pics and maybe video once I have it installed. I am installing my aFe CAI today. This truck is going to put me in the poor house.:wow:

#2 ·
Sounds like you have some good stuff on order. That place always has good coupons on their site. My only issue with using them is paying the 9.5% or so sales tax if I order from them.

As for the pipes from the cats to the Y you aren't going to see enough gains to justify the cost of the pipes and install.
With the parts that you did order you are going to have to make or modify the pipe that goes from the Y to the muffler since the one in the kit is made to go over the stock 2.75" pipe and the new Y uses a 3" out. Since the muffler is a 3" in this makes it real simple, just straight piece of 3" pipe from one to the other. maybe a slight bend or two if needed.

#4 · (Edited)
The performance exhaust shop I used had a huge inventory of different size/shaped mandrel bent stainless steel elbows available.
they only charged me $15 for 2.5" x 10" long sections of stainless with mandrel pre-bent 45º (guessing) elbows and flared ends.

You should be able to find a shop that stocks these, try a performance exhaust shop that does good custom work...not Midas etc.
Midas will just crush bend some crappy pipe with a 90º elbow and you'll lose 20% flow rate, defeating the purpose of the Y in first place
after you cut out the factory Y with crush bends.

The Magnaflow Y (part#10778) 2.5" in , 3" out Y welded right to the 3" pipe leading to my Magnaflow (16869) CatBack kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.