DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Having the high and low beams running at same time

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  tobyjohnson11 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 Ram, does anyone know how to run the low and high beams at the same time besides holding in the lever... There use to be a relay that you could install to accomplish this... IF anyone knows can you give me the brand name and where your purchased it or them. I Drive in the mountains with lots of deer and elk on Roads ... need to light up area the best I can...

#2 ·
I dont think you can run both at the same time ( overheat the switch ) I think the best way would be to add some driving lights behind the grill running off a relay and separate toggle from the fog lamps. Otherwise a lightbar if you are planning to add a bullbar or roll bar to the truck.

#6 ·
I have a 2012 and when I turn on my high beams my lows do not go off. My fog lights shut off, but my lows and higs stay on all the time, when the high beams are on. I am working with my dealership now to get the fog lights to say on with the highs which would make all 6 lights be on at the same time.

#9 ·
Check you local laws. In Illinois you are only allowed to have 4 lights in the white color spectrum forward facing at any given time. Any other forward facing lights cannot be on or must be covered. Now I do not think it is enforced! But!

#10 ·
Check you local laws. In Illinois you are only allowed to have 4 lights in the white color spectrum forward facing at any given time. Any other forward facing lights cannot be on or must be covered. Now I do not think it is enforced! But!

Good point; however if you are driving around town with 6 lights running including high beams, you need a ticket. This would only be good for back road or very limited traffic situations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.