DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ram725 Lift & More Build

76K views 752 replies 34 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 · (Edited)
I had another build thread but it was more my initial question then it was a build thread. We started installing yesterday at the offroad shop I used to work at. We are just doing it after hours so it's taken a few more days. Hoping to be done tomorrow. I will continue doing more to the truck in phases, thinking Road Armor or Ironbull bumpers next.

Bought the truck in July from the dealership I am a manager at. Decided instantly I wanted to lift it. I've owned many dodges and other lifted trucks from diesels to other half tons. This however has been my favorite project.

Truck:
2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Bighorn
3.55 Gears
Hemi

Lift:
6" RCX
Kicker Bar
Bilstein 5100s at 2.1"
Tires:
37x13.50x20 Toyo Mt
Wheels:
20x10 Fuel Hostages Black
Misc Mods:
Bedliner
Tint
Exhaust

So far we have about 4-5 work hours in it, hoping to have it done tomorrow. We have it at a new property we bought in Old Katy Tx. Nice to have a full lift and space to work.

See less See more
#708 ·
Keeping the fingers crossed. Been driving it and really enjoying it. Needs some 35s and some tow mirrors just to get me by.

SLT Bighorn 4x4 2012

Only options are auto windows, rear slider, and center console. I want to do my own on sound system and touch screen so I didnt opt for Alpine and Nav.
I just had to have center console, 4x4, and CTD. So it has what I want.

#717 ·
Deal is done. My drivers are picking up the truck at 5p tonight and delivering it 8 hours to the buyer. Already have my truck completely cleaned out and moved into the new truck. Already worked numbers and we marked it sold in our system.

I'll sign papers next week (when all the funds clear).

So I now have a 2012 2500 CTD.

If for any reason this deal fell apart I would most likely go crazy

#740 ·
Baha ha ha let the games begin.........
Congrats and welcome to the big boy toy
You will be so happy wait till you hear the turbo it after you do the CAI and get off the peddle and hear the exhaust brake Kick in you will be in heaven.
:smiley_thumbs_up:

#719 ·
These are the plans. I will be adding to it as usual.
1st Stage:
35x12.50x17 M/T
AFE Stage 2 CAI
6" Chrome Tip
Tow Mirrors Painted Gloss Black

2nd Stage:
8" BDS Longarm Suspension Lift w/ Fox Resis
38x15.50x20 Toyo MT
20x12 BMF Novakanes
Retro Black Headlights
Smoked LED Tails
Road Armor NEW Led Light Bar Bumper Fr&Rr (possibly Iron Bull or ADD)
Black Mesh Grill

3rd Stage:
H&S Tune
Full Delete & Exhaust

#725 ·
Its not 100% confirmed in my mind until the funds clear and the truck is signed for. But the drivers are delivering the truck and the buyers have sent me all the signed paperwork so its 99.9% done.

I don't want to do H&S just yet because I don't want to ruin my warranty with 140 on the ODO. around 50k miles ill start messing with H&S. Plus if I move to Houston it wouldnt pass emissions. Lift right now is more important. Unfortunately I have a tough decision. 20x12 wheels or 20x10 BMF Novakanes. I really really really want the novakanes, but they only come in 20x10 and i've been wanting 20x12 forever.

#727 · (Edited)
With how big you plan on going with this truck and how much I've seen you talking about 20x12's I'd say definitely go for those. 20x10's might look a little small with the 8" lift and 38's.

EDIT (about the loan): Oh okay, makes sense. Putting money down at the beginning is definitely the way to go. Keeps the monthly payments lower to allow for more mod money ;)

#728 ·
With how big you plan on going with this truck and how much I've seen you talking about 20x12's I'd say definitely go for those. 20x10's might look a little small with the 8" lift and 38's.
True, i've been reading that 20x12 on 38s wont fit... So I may need 20x10 to clear 38

#730 ·
A few Sad/Happy pics.

It amazes me how close the 2500 sits next to the 1500. With 35s I feel like the 2500 will be close in height... to a 1500 with 8" and 37s. Cant wait to get this thing built

#736 ·
Congrats on the cummins.. I am excited to follow the mods in the future on this beast.. I am just throwing this out there.. But by the time stage 3 is done.. You better have stacks and a pic of you rolling coal. It is a shame to see the end of your 1500. Was one of the best looking Rams I have seen. Should have left a note with the link to the forumz in the glovebox :LOL:

My next Rig is for sure going to be a Cummins or power wagon.. After my Ram sadly dies. Still a few long years until any plans though.

#750 ·

Wow. Thats sad...... And the upper crossmember bolts being lose isnt true. I took it to RCX and they completely took off the lift and put it back on. The squeak was there before and after. What fixed the squeak was that they took the bilsteins from 2.1 to 0" and the owner told me that was what they did. so sad....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.