DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New member in Myrtle Beach

906 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jfreakofkorn 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I'm Brent, 28, and I'm in Myrtle Beach, SC. I'm a long-time Grease Monkey and Car Nut, and grew up with a wrench in my hand (Dad was a certified dealership mechanic) and I've always modded my cars and trucks since I started driving. I also have a trophy-winning 1993 Dodge Stealth R/T that is customized in every facet and am just finishing up a 2 year project of completely restoring it, giving it a new custom paint job (in my garage!), and a motor swap from a 3L to a 3.5L netting a 70HP increase on a stock NA engine. I'm an active Member in the Myrtle Beach Car Club, the 3000GT/Stealth (3Si) National Community as well as the southeast-specific club named Carolina 3/S.

I just picked up my 2009 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn Hemi a few months ago and am completely in love with it. The new body style is just killer, I love the Hemi power, and I have already completely caught the Mod bug on the truck! Just put a MagnaFlow 14" and Y-Pipe on it but kept the rear resonators and I'm very happy with the new growl. I am already in the works of putting a custom stereo system with an in-dash Pioneer touchscreen and a couple Kicker 10's in the back. I love my music (I'm a Pro DJ in case you couldn't tell by my member name) and am going nuts without a full sound system! I've also already decided on a Black and Red theme for the Ram to match my Stealth which is Candy Red and Black with a Candy red Pearl mixed in. My Ram is the Brilliant Black Pearl paint which I really love, especially when the sun hits it. I've already put LED's under the truck, and am wiring them inside the cab, and also plan to do the bed with them. I also already picked up a set of the "Impostor" brand Rim covers to convert my 20" Alloys to Chrome and I am ultimately impressed with their quality and they are extremely convincing, even close-up. $100 for Chrome 20's? Sold! My next mods coming are a custom Red/Black interior, a proper Air Intake system (Thinking S&B or K&N), a 180 Thermostat, and a proper Tuner.

Enough of my rambling, I just really enjoy talking automotive! I am an IT Manager by-day so if anyone has any questions regarding Technology, anything Car Audio, Engine work, or even anything music-related, then feel free to PM me!!

Looking forward to being an active member on these forums and potentially meeting some fellow motor heads in the future!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.