DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Finally leveled with new tires/wheels

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  hotwing457 
#1 ·
I got my 2011 Ram back in June and was stoked but I looked pretty weak when I first got it, huge rake, looked very 2wd. I knew it need to be leveled and get some good snow tires (i live in the mountains). So I finally got the new tires and wheels, Duratrac 315/70/17 on 17x9 (12mm offset) RockCrawlers. I have Bilstein 5100 in the front maxed out (2.75"), and Firestone Coilrite airbags in the back with a heavy duty rear coil spring.

So far the ride quality is great, no complains, tires aren't loud or anything. No rubbing at full lock either which is really nice (thanks Brandon for the rim specs) that offset is pretty rad, might need to get some fender flares though... be chucking snow and rocks all down the side of the truck in winter for sure.

I snapped these after I got home the other day, driveway is a bit uphill, I'll try to get a couple more with the front stance too.

I got so much great info off this board, thanks guys!

See less See more
#2 ·
pictures aren't working for me.

I personally use photobucket to post pictures

#6 ·
gonefishin' see if these links work.

photo1

photo2

ooops, , -12mm offset brandon. typo!

and yeah, tires make such a huge difference! its crazy, i had it levelled with stock tires on for the past month and half and was stoked to get rid of the rake but the new tires make it look like a whole 'nother truck. haha.

brandon, you haven't been pulled over yet cause of your tires sticking out yet have you? a few of my friends that have around whistler/squamish and had to put flares on. i think i might closer to winter anyways, just cause of the snow and all the shit on they put on the roads up here. just curious if the cops have called you out on it yet.

now i just gotta wait until december until i can load my snowmobile into it and put it to work!

off topic but this just went up yesterday, its what I've been working on for the last year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlUfT2ZWSUY

#3 ·
Looks great. Congrats.

#5 ·
I WANNA SEEEEEEEEEEEEE. pics no worky on my desktop or my phone

#7 ·
website is blocked by my work. ill check when I leave work.

#8 ·
really good looking ride

#11 ·
looks awesome brotha

#14 ·
im not sure if you can put bilsteins on 2wd, but mine is 4x4, just when i first bought it the stock ram 1500s have such an aggressive rake and are so low in the front they look 2wd.

#16 ·
couple new photos on level ground, front stance, showing wheel offset. pretty stoked so far, not really noticing lack of power with bigger tires or considerably worse fuel mileage. road trip this weekend, we'll see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.