DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Finally Got My WHEELS! (PICS)

23K views 218 replies 41 participants last post by  adamsmith1980 
#1 ·
First off, thanks to all who have gave me helping hand in this project I am very thankful. I have a 2010 Dodge ram 1500 Big Horn with a RCX 1.25 Body lift, Bilstein shocks up front set at 2.8, TGC 1 inch rear spacer and 35x12.50R20 Federal M/T with 20x10 -24 offset Fuel Throttles. I am so happy with the way it looks the stance is sick, but a small amount of rubbing on my left side when turning at full lock to the left. Let me know what you guys think!!!!:smileup:

Attachments

See less See more
#208 ·
Great looking truck. I just put a set of federals on my 14 yesterday 35's on ballistic razorback 20's and I have to say they are a lot smoother and quiter than I expected after riding in my friends Chevy with the same size Nitto trailgrappler MT's.

#210 ·
I have the 35" Ferderal's on 20x9's on my reg cab. I don't get any shake but I do get the hum on the highway. But they ride pretty good, there cheap, and my friend has Trailgrappler's on his Chevy and they are at least as loud or louder than my tires at highway speed so I was happy.

#211 ·
Hey Guys,

New to the forum. Been wanting to upgrade my dodge to the 4th Gen for a few years now. Going to take the plunge here in the next month or so. Been wanting to go black with black rims, and i have to say, this set up is exactly what im looking to do. I love this look. Its not too big, but still makes the truck look aggressive.

I read through the thread, and can someone tell me the difference between what he did, and say a 4" lift? Would they look similar? I don't want to go with a 6" lift, im thinking something like a 4" with 35's. And can someone explain the -12 and -24 offset? Is that how far the wheel stick out?

Thanks guys!

#214 ·
What the OP did was level and use a body lift to obtain height clearance for larger tire
CV angles have changed due to the level. Not that big of a concern

A 4" Suspension Lift is a true suspension lift. Thus providing you with ALL proper drop brackets and cross members
Much better for heavy offroading.

But if you're looking for a pavement princess nothing wrong with going with what the OP did.

#215 ·
Mine would probably fall into the pavement princess category. The only off roading my truck sees is when i go hunting, and its pretty minimal.

Last question, would a 4" lift look about the same as his set up? And whats the cost difference between a 4" lift and what the OP did? I understand there are a lot of options for lifts, but a ballpark number is sufficient.

My next dilemma is do i go all out and get a 2013 Laramie ive been looking at, or buy something less expensive and have extra for wheels,tires, and lift? Or both!

#217 ·
Yeah not going to do anything to my current truck. Im at 180k miles so shes going up for sale here in the next month.

Appreciate your input. You seem to be the go to guy for info on here. I'll hit you up with more questions once i bit the bullet. I need info on tuners as well. Thanks again.

#219 ·
After looking at the other threads on here where everyone posted their trucks, I think this is the closest i have found to what i want. I love it. I think i might do 18" wheels on 35's though.

What was your MPG before and after install? How much city/freeway are you doing? Im getting right about 14 and i do 75% city driving. Not sure if my gears are 3.55 or 3.92.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.