DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tint 2010 Crew Cab

10K views 57 replies 29 participants last post by  therock2086 
#1 ·
Okay, so I read through the various tint threads after searching.

I know that the rear window and crew portion is 20% film.

I just called my tint guy and he said that he could put 15% over the 20 to make it limo and then put 20 and 15% on the front as well to make it match the backs.

My question is - has anyone else done this? Were you able to get the same look out of a double tint? Also Limo tint by nature is hard to see out at night, will the double tint make it that much worse?

I have had Limo tint on all my other vehicles and seeing out at night was not that hard unless it was pitch dark outside already, I was just worried that the double layers would not be as clear to see.

Any experience/thoughts would be appreciated.

#47 ·
I bought my 2010 Ram new and it came with tint the dealer put on not very dark I had a buddy that tints windows tint over what I had . I had him put limo over the back since in Az you can tint the rear windows as dark as you want but the front cannot be under 35%. I had my rear's tinted with limo over the tint the dealer put on,... dark as hell can't see in , in the middle of daylight holding your head right next to the rear windows, I really like it since I have a kid and being in Az the front I had him put a 15% on the front over the dealerships tint , very dark as well but keeps me from getting pulled over since you can tell a difference between the back and front but cannot see in the front hardly at all. I will agree with the rest though at night its a Pain in the Arse to see if you are backing up, I have to roll my front sides down . Check my pics

#48 · (Edited)
Can anyone attest to the Metallic tint messing with GPS, RADAR and TPMS? I will pay the extra for the ceramic if this is a true issue. I have searched and read - the conclusion is it is hit or miss. Some say it is an issue, some say that it is not an issue.

Also Sindler - where are your pics?

#51 ·
i have 20% on my front windows and limo on my rear and back, this is on a black truck so it looks a lot darker, at night if there is no outside light its kind of hard to see when backing up but its worth getting the darker tint

#54 ·
I tinted over my factory tint and and did limo over the factory tint in the rear and its dark, dark cant see in during the middle of a sunny day. The front driver and passenger I did 20 over the already legal 30% that was on when I purchased from dealer,.. Not limo but dark enough you can barely see in but is nice so the cops can still see a differnce between the tint and have had no tickets. Night time is a pain though can't see much when backing have to roll the windows down when backing. Hope this is of some help.

Attachments

#55 ·
i went 5% over my factory tint aswell and i love it

#57 ·
My 2008 had the 35%..which is pretty light....Got a nice $150 ticket for it..So what did I do on the 2011?....Same thing...lol...Some people never learn ;) I just like the way it looks. The back windows are still factory....I think the cop was just in a mood that day.

I like the 35%...give's the window that tinted look without being to dark inside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.