DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Tuning with a trinity

994 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  redlightmike 
#1 ·
okay so I have a trinity with a tune from hemifever.

The truck is super strong, and I love the tune but the WOT perforamnce is concerning me.

I have a "hole" around 3k. The truck will seem to loose a good bit of power in this range at WOT, let off it a little, and it pulls like a bat out of hell.

I am starting to think it might be a WOT fuel issue.

I have intake, throttle body, ARH headers, and cutouts.

I'm willing to get a wideband, since I should probably have one any way.

How should I go about fine tuning this my self?

Install wideband, and adjust the wot fuel instil the AFR stays in a certain range?

#4 ·
Have you monitored your KR's? Have you discussed this with Sean yet?

#6 ·
I just did a run ST retard peaked at 1 once, but was at 0 for the rest of the 3 pulls.

Sean knows. I explained it to him, and he sent me a modified tune. seems better but still very noticeable.

#5 ·
You can play back the same data log that you send Sean and see your AFR

#7 ·
1 is good brother, Some of us guys get 3 or 4 at WOT and that's still better than the 12 to 14 I was getting from diablo's canned tune

#8 ·
I know exactly what you are talking about. I too got the hemifever tune. On mine bottom end is strong as hell but top end seems like it just floats, doesnt feel like its pulling real hard like it should. I too had 1 degree knock retard max and Sean told me that the logs looked good so just run the tune and see what happens. I havent made it to the track yet to confirm that top end isnt up to snuff but the butt dyno says its lacking. If you figure anything out let me know :smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.