DODGE RAM FORUM banner

4 Inch and 35s or 6 inch and 35s

5K views 74 replies 7 participants last post by  ramready12 
#1 ·
I am very close to ordering up my lift. I have a 2012 4x4 CC Sport. I already plan on buying bilstein adjustables for the front. I am going with either the 4 inch rcx or the 6 inch rcx. I don't want the lift to make the tires look small. Also just for S's and G's what would be the difference between 37's and 35's in power loss. I really don't want to go with the 37's because of the 3.55 gearing, but i will be going 4.56 when they come out with a kit for the 2012. So maybe a few pictures and just some input, I am saying the odds and Friday I am ordering the lift so help me out. I know there are threads with the trucks but I would like some specific info. Also I have to be able to go in a 8 ft. garage so thats another thing to consider. Any help would be great, Thanks guys I know I'm going to get some great answers. :smileup:

#37 ·
yeah I saw his. His truck is the one that keeps me from being sure about just a body lift added to my level. wish he could bump them down to .7 and give me a look haha. I know I want rake, so the 1.4 isn't for me, but his truck looks Awesome, For sure. Everyone likes there trucks differently, and any ram looks great, just gotta make it your own.

#46 ·
I really really want the 6 inch lift. But the more and more i think about it, its getting harder and harder to spend the money at the time. Body lift and the ability to buy flares and do a couple other little things for now is sounding pretty good. I guess i will make the decision when the time comes.

#47 ·
I went through the same decision or contemplation when I was lifting. I actually bought Bilsteins and body lift.
Then just ended up going the suspension route.
But... As mentioned in my email, you'll get both responses.
To go suspension and the other to go body lift.
Its all in what you want.

#48 ·
My thought process is to just go body lift now ride like that for a while and if I love it don't change it but if I need more then I can spend the money and go bigger. But I like the looks of the 1.25 body lift. Because you mainly can't even tell it's there but you can definitely tell the height difference. And gives a good looking gap with 35s and my 2.5 level that's on now.

#50 ·
I had thesame decisions as you and would have regretted if i didn't go with the 6" in the beginning but that was just me.

#57 ·
Yeah i can't either. the difference is 1600 for suspension if i install myself and 400 for a body lift installed by the shop. Your truck looks so good it keeps me from just doing the body lift. Our wheel and tire setup is similar, and our trucks are the same color. And your truck looks great, Which makes me really wanna go with the 6.

#60 ·
As of right now i'm still thinking of doing a body lift on top of the rcx 6" lift. Doesn't seem high enough for me now :4-dontknow: haha but then my tires would look extremely small. If you want any certain pictures let me know and i'll try and take them for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.