DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Scatpak= New Grille, Headlights, Diff Cover and Painted Handles + Mirrors

6K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  swilbee 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone!

I just took some pics of the new items that were on my list. I have finally gotten the door handles and mirrors painted to match the body color. They look really good, he really did a good job on them since he wasn't sure they would.

The T-Rex X-Metal grille has been a want of mine for the past while and finally I got it. It was actually a present for me which I am very thankful for hahaha. I have to say it was the best one I have ever gotten. The 1 pc grille changes the way the truck looks since the cross is gone up front. The rear diff cover is different and thats why I think it is so cool. I am going to take the rear Ram head badge off and use the diff cover as my badge. Love the uniqueness of that piece.

Well the only crappy thing is the headlights. I got them really cheap off of Ebay and it shows. One of the little LEDs at the bottom of the headlights doesn't work. I hope they take it back and replace the defective headlight.

Here is the crappy pics off of my phone. I wont be able to get any other ones since it is in storage right now. I will have to take some when spring comes and really show it. Here ya'll go, hope you all like the mods as much as I do!!

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate the comments and I also am glad you all think it looks good as well.

I did not paint the handles myself I sent them out to my body shop. The thing was I sent them out once and he did not want to paint them. He was afraid that the paint would not stick to the plastic since it is textured. I imagine that they must have really prepped them this time since I told him he better paint them this time I send thm to him haha. I would suggest painting them since it really makes the truck look different. Now everything is glossy which makes it look uniform. The best part of it all is he painted them for free!!! hahaha

#8 ·
Oh ya that red truck beside mine in storage is a Little Red Express!! Thing is pretty bad ass! Love that truck with the dual stacks out the sides. Great truck, fully restored. I'll try to get some pics of that as well

#10 ·
Thanks alot Tom! I really like the suggestion you gave me about painting everything behind the grille black. I am definitely going to do that to hide all the crap back there.

#18 ·
Truck looks sikk... be careful about painting behind the grille. The paint could clog up fins on the radiator and trans cooler and start causing issues. Happened to a friend of mine on his durango. How come you aren't running the grille logo on your grille?

#19 ·
oooooooh shiney!!!!! lookin good dude

#22 ·
Thanks everyone!! Really enjoy that everyone likes what I have done. I agree that the diff looks too clean hahha. Sticks out like a soar thumb.

I got the grille emblem with the grille but didnt like it. It was the X-Metal logo but it was chrome and red. I just finished painting it so the red is black. I did not install it yet but I will sometime tomorrow hopefully. When it was red it looked a little weird since nothing is red on the truck. Painting it made it look so much better. I will be installing it back on since it adds a cool look having a big X on the grille.

I would like to ask ya'll a question. I have the Super Bee emblem still and I was wondering if that in the middle of the grille would look better then the X-Metal logo? I think it is different and would look cool but I would like a second opinion.

#31 ·
Not sure about the X since I'd have to see it however I do like the Bee and think you should keep it on the lower right (where it was before). Oh and now your going to have to change your sig since your old grill is showing :i_rolleyes:

#24 ·
Yea that is my plan. I do not want to have both on, it wont look good at all. I will take some pics of both set ups and let you guys help me decide on what to do. I am thinking just the X-Metal emblem since it looks pretty good. I will put the bee somewhere but I haven't decided yet

Reactions: RootBeer
#26 ·
Scat, truck looks awesome. :rep: Love that diff cover. :D Personally, I don't like the X on the grilles but the Bee sounds like it would be cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.