DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Diablosport Predator for 2011 5.7Ram

29K views 121 replies 51 participants last post by  2500hd 
#1 ·
So from what I am reading here...
as well as the diablosport site...
They do NOT currently have a tune for this truck?

Wonder why ... isn't it the same engine as 2010?
Won't the U7137 work the same as previous years?

Anyone on here actually 'at' Diablo that can
press it into my old thick skull ??? :) :) :4-dontknow::4-dontknow:

Thanks !

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
GenoTex,

Yes the engine and everything is the same but they research and test tune every new model year just in case Dodge changed a code or two. I spoke with Diablo late last week and they told me they are expecting the new model version to be released mid Jan. We just get to wait:(.

I didn't think to ask them if I could buy a 2010 version and upgrade it later if anything changes so that may be an option if you don't want to wait...

#3 ·
Seems to me it should. Give them a call. :D

#13 ·
I spoke with Diablosport yesterday and this is what I found out:

Mid Feb release date(this has already been pushed back once that I know of so might actually happen)

Will be on the same platform. I was told you could use the 2010 tune but they don't recommend it. I didn't ask why though...

I'll keep on bugging them until I get one so I'll let you guys know what I find out

#15 ·
Yes. I have talked to them over the phone twice and both times I was told that it would be the same tuner, U7137, but someone else heard they were bringing out a new one. Assuming they told me the right info you could wait or go ahead and get the 2010 tuner and download the ungrade when they release the 2011. To do that you would need the pc cable also.

I'm not sure which way to go so I'll probably just wait. Shouldn't be too much longer now

#16 ·
Thanks for the info. It didnt make any scene to me that they would put the 11's on a different tuner when they say there is no difference in the 10's and 11's. Im glad I will not have to buy another tuner I already have the cables to hook to the PC.

#19 ·
I searched their site today and couldn't come up with any info on that. Maybe someone else will have more luck than I. Hopefully everything worked well.

#31 ·
I know if I searched hard enough I could find this answer, but what kind of HP increase are we talking about with this tuner and a CAI (ballpark)? Are we talking about 20-30 HP...more less?
I'm going off of memory here but I am pretty sure the gains with the 2010s were 28 HP and 35 lbs torque with the 93 tune. I could be wrong but that seems to stick in my mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.