DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ram 1500 stock tires

17K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  20115.7 
#1 ·
My Ram 1500 stock tires are the Goodyear Wrangler HP in 275/60/20. What is your opinion of these tires?

#8 ·
They suck on wet payment, can't pull away from a stop light without them spinning, even with a soft touch.... the rear end also goes sideways, they just won't grip when wet....can't wait to replace them with some T/A's or Mitchlins... but at about $400 each in this size, I will wear them out first

#10 ·
replace them while they have enough tread on them to sell and get some money to offset the cost of new tires. Small used car dealerships are always looking for low milage used tires, they dont care what brand they are cause it helps sell trucks on their lot.

#12 ·
i hated them on my whip

#16 ·
it realy sucks that you spend $40,000 on a beautiful new truck and it comes with POS tires!!! ive been fighting with the dealership over this for a couple months now and the idiots stand buy them, they did said they would pay for one new tire and sell me 3 at cost, with free mounting. i have three tires in mind: cooper zenon's, nitto terra's and general grabber red, i had a 2" ready lift installed so im going up to 305 55 20's. anybody have an opinion on any of the tires?

#17 ·
I disagree with the majority. I think mine are great.... as burnout material that is. I never even realised I had LSD until I threw on new shoes... LOL.

Horrible tires. Just horrible. I thought it may have been a light rear end among many other possible reasons that my ass end slid out in the wet. After buying a set of good tires it turns out that it was these crappy tires that did it. So crappy that I can't bring myself to sell them and inflict them on anybody else. Instead, I'll probably pull them back out over summer and make good use of them as a rubber pavement topping. Besides that, they are not much use to me or anyone else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.