DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Milestone Marker While Eating an Ecoboost!

6K views 50 replies 18 participants last post by  Taylor15835 
#1 ·
Well I am heading home on a Saturday night after quitting my job for a much better one! Drive is about two hours long down a northern highway.

There I am tunes cranked (LMFAO -Yes) and enjoying the wonderful scenery and I happen to peak in my rear view mirror to see this blue ford f150 ecoboost coming up on me like a bat out of hell... he flys past me at I estimate 130km/h.

I sit back in my seat a little watching this blue truck get further away and say out loud... OH HELL NO! So I pick up my pace and gradually get up on him where he has been reduced to 80km/h behind some other vehicle.

Once we come over a hill and there is along wide open strait stretch I smell plugged cats and hot turbo take off lol. I decide to let the RIPP Supercharger stretch its legs a little and pull out behind him... he pulls in and stays on the gas while I continue up beside him slightly letting off the gas... buddy in the ecoboost (might I add at this point hat on sideways... White hat... white sunglasses... looking like a total douche bag with his girlfriend) Starts waving at me with his girlfriend as if I cant over take them... I decide its time to push it to the floor... truck downshifts and here we go again lol. I decided that now I am hauling ass im going to keep my foot down and show him how much faster I am... Lets just say the speedometer isn't big enough lol.

Anyways I slow down and decide its time to get back to the speed limit since I can see some traffic coming, I don't condone street racing when people that are not aware of it are around.

About 20 min down the road he is back on my rear and we enter a double lane (passing lane) situation and no traffic to be seen. I slow down and wave my arms at him to slow down beside me.

We both stop do the old three horns and launch... i got him by 4 car lengths off the line and continued to pull on him for about a 1/4 mile lol

photo of me winning! (look in my rear view mirror!)

After racing I looked down at my speedo to this!

See less See more
#11 ·
I dont think there is one person on this forum that i am more jealous at then you lol i wonder what it feels like to smoke 37's?? :LOL: a man can dream

#12 ·
Being inherently skeptical I had to check this thread...

And then I laughed...AFTER I saw your (RIPPED) sig. That EcoBoost had no idea what hit him. He was likely used to picking on run of the mill Hemis until you schooled his azz. He'll think twice about doing that again...or maybe not!

Either way...nicely done...

#14 ·
Bone stock, 365 hp (272 kW) @5500 rpm, 420 lb·ft (569 N·m) @2500 rpm

They're a 6sec flat 0-60MPH truck and right at mid 14's on the standing quarter.

They do OK for a 3.5L.

#37 ·
Bone stock, 365 hp (272 kW) @5500 rpm, 420 lb·ft (569 N·m) @2500 rpm

They're a 6sec flat 0-60MPH truck and right at mid 14's on the standing quarter.

They do OK for a 3.5L.
I'd have to agree;)
this is a 5800lb crewcab 4x4 with just a $600 downpipe, $600 tune and a $50 170 degree stat..I'll be waiting for more releases before I start modding mine out

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i5ORH385hh8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#44 · (Edited)
That was a sub 13 sec run.....crazy!
12.8s with 3.55 rear gears LOL...livernois 93 tunes bro... that truck looks like it just rolled out of the dealer lot, pretty fcukin impressive by any account
trust me it was a hard decision I test drove the 13' loaded R/T 36k sticker... 32k out the door, or my lariat crewcab 4x4 for 37k out the door. I figured it would be just another repeat if I did the R/T again, and if they ever get tuners for them... so what the hell. Whats that old saying, keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer. I do my homework:smileup:

#15 · (Edited)
I had a chance to put mine head to head with a buddy when we were both stock. Off the line he would take me by a few truck lengths and id slowly bring him in ending neck and neck.

Once I put the tuner on the truck he would take me off the line still but I would take him quick and keep him off

Supercharger.... not even the same league anymore ahaha

EDIT - please note when telling this to a ford person with an ecoboost they will suggest that your an idiot and that the 6.2l is the real fast engine from ford... I cannot count how many raptor 6.2l trucks I spanked, stock, slightly modified, and supercharged. Mind you I have heard the henessey velociraptor is a maniac's dream and to leave those alone lol

#16 ·
I had a chance to put mine head to head with a buddy when we were both stock. Off the line he would take me by a few truck lengths and id slowly bring him in ending neck and neck.

Once I put the tuner on the truck he would take me off the line still but I would take him quick and keep him off

Supercharger.... not even the same league anymore ahaha
Really? They are that quick?
I better not play around with them for now. Lol

#21 ·
Lol, hes right a modded ecoboost is fast. But keep in mind, hes already got boost and when he adds the tune intake exhaust hes adding about 120 rwhp.

stock hemi makes 300rwhp, add the RIPP your adding 120rwhp with tuning. Now with exhaust and some proper tuning (in my mind ripp tuning is shit) you can estimate another 20rwhp.

so your still in the game, boost for boost, tune for tune, exhaust for exhaust, you should edge him! but now comes the real problem... he can swap a turbo and your shit out of luck lol were $5000 in for our boost hes just getting started lol.

#23 ·
Hahah you know, that thought just crossed my mind too ..... lol mind you this brings me back to my original idea... 426 stroker (7.0l) with a kennebell 3.6l supercharger... proper tuning your making 1100hp at the crank lol but once again... were talking $18,000 lol

#26 ·
yea... ford honestly does know how to make some power out of their turbo'd v6's. they are quick too. i wish dodge would try something like that just so douchebags in ford ecoboost wouldnt act like they are the shit lol

#27 ·
Ugghhh...

Forgot someone mentioned Hennessey and the VelociRaptor.

No thanks, there's way more deserving and way more talented tuners out there, who don't rip off their customers in the process.

#28 ·
I have never had to deal with Hennessy but originally before my RIPP kit they were my #1 option... I am curious to know your story, maybe know that I did make a good choice!

#30 ·
I really do apprechiate you telling me all of this! I could have made a huge mistake and there is nothing I hate more then supporting lying douche bags! Looks like I am sticking with the RIPP! lol

#32 ·
Yeah...F&%K Hennessey and whatever car/truck it is he rode in on...

ANYWAY...

I really like the idea of FI for my truck and looked at RIPP. Now that tuning isn't (or shouldn't!) be an obstacle, a good tuner should be able to get everything they can SAFELY out of it...

I was looking real hard @ the Maggie that HHP has here too... http://www.highhorseperformance.com/MagnaCharger_TVS2300_Complete_Supercharger_Kit_p/01-23-61-457-bl.htm.

Even if you went as far as using a purpose built FI/low compression short-block with a forged bottom end (so you could crank the boost up a lil bit) and likewise a stout tranny...it'd still be cheaper than the diesel build I was looking at... (STOCK 6.4 short block is around $11K)...

I'll never get the twist that my diesel had (almost 1100 lb/ft torque and that was with just bolt-ons) but at over 1 ton lighter and the proper suspension it will run circles around it in other respects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.