DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Nitto vs. Goodyear

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  kmease 
#1 ·
I'm in need of a new set of tires and I've been doing a fair bit of research. I pretty much have my choices down to Nitto Terra Grapplers or Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. The size I'm going to run is 285/70/17. I do a little bit of off-roading, but nothing too crazy. I wanted something that handled rain well, and that looked good. Which one should I go with? Has anyone had good/bad luck with either one? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

#3 ·
I have Nitto's. They are pretty good tires and last a long time. Im not nice to the truck and about 10K miles later they still look new. We can get them if interested. Send us an email. sales@bullysperformance.com

Any questions, feel free to ask

#4 ·
I Love my Nitto Terra Grappler's!!!

Went with 305/50R20's on stock chrome clad 20's
for my lowered 10' RCSB 4x4 with Ground Force 2/3 drop

Looks and rides like a dream,
unfortunately they are pretty much done inside 22k miles (36k kms)

They Cost me HUGE $$$ in Canada at $400 each,
and as insane as it sounds I'm still willing to replace them with the very same thing LOL!

The good news is I only put on 10k km's per year, so 3 years per set isnt so bad.

Here's my before and after pics...

stock photo: Nitto Terra Grappler

305/50R20 Next to my 28" Drag Radial from 2010 (likely September, that's when I bought the DR's)

After: June 04/13 , 3 months shy of 3 years old...and wont see another Canadian Winter like this:

Now the BIG question...Can Bully get me a Better deal?
the catch...shipped to my door in Canada ?

I see them as low as $250 in the USofA (a good $600 less than local)
So how much of that gets eaten up with shipping charges? :4-dontknow:

#6 ·
i had the Nittos on my last truck, and now Dura's on this one...i really like the Duras and they seem to be holding up well

#7 ·
I got almost 30K on the Nitto TG's on the recently totaled Xterra and there was still a good 30% tread life left.... at least.

An awesome tire!

I'm guessing The Black Mamba was smoking them up quite a few times to only get 22K out of them.

:4-dontknow:

#8 ·
Not me, I hate seeing my hard earned money go up in smoke
I have dedicated drag radials for the track....all four of them.

I have to leave my truck in 4-Auto (AWD) all year round, and at the track for traction
or it will just sit and spin when I punch it since swapping in a high stall torque converter 2 years ago.

I do drive aggressively though, almost all city miles with stop and go traffic and lots of cornering.

But with that said,
in all my years I've NEVER had a tire last under 50k kms until now. Same driving style

#9 ·
I know what you mean about money and smoke. Me too.

I've only had ne set of tires last me over 50K in all my years of driving.

I usually scrap them no less than app. 20% life.

I'm a huge advocate of quality tires but more so of tire care/inspection. I inspect all our vehicles' tire weekly without a hitch; and address any premature wear/defects or the like promptly.

I've come to the assessment - just in the last few years - that driving habits and tire care play the main role in tire longevity.

Love your ride.... always have.

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.