DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Silver Lake Sand Dunes, MI

7K views 95 replies 13 participants last post by  Unfairkickazz93 
#1 ·
Ok so i know some members are meeting up in Toronto this weekend. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in going to the sand dunes sometime next spring?? I say next spring that way we all have time to book that weekend or even just the day for this event. It would be great if we could get a lot of people to go! :smileup: If you have any comments on this please post!!! Recommend a date/time to go!!! I would love to make the trip up there and meet some forum members while im at it!

#3 ·
Im like 7 but i still want to make a trip up there!! We need to convince fast, hinkle, tim, bighemi and any other member up near there to go. I just think it would be a great place for us to meet up and have a good time with each other and our trucks!

#5 ·
thats what i said. log into chat. im on there now. it will be faster

#7 ·
o ok lol understandable. ill talk to you later about it

#10 ·
its not that far from toronto. maybe 2 or 3 hours. we were talking about it last night and we are going to go in the summer so more people have the oppurtunity to go. we are thinking get there on a friday morning and camp out that night then do it again saturday then leave sunday. i work weekends so that would be great for me bc i would only miss one day of work :)

#14 ·
you got a specific time in the summer that you can/ cant go??

#13 ·
o... yea its like 7 hours for you. thats what it is for me too

#15 ·
My job allows me to have a week off every month, 3 weeks vacation, and i know my schedule for next year right now. As for the weekends, I have in June, the 7th-9th off and 14th-20th off. In July i have the 5th-7th and 12th-18th. In Aug, the 2nd-4th, and the 9th-15th. Obviously dont have to plan around me i can also take a vacation day or two if needed. Maybe the OP can make a poll and have everyone pick

#20 ·
thats a good idea. i will make a poll tomorrow of a few weekends. i might try to narrow it down to the month first then choose the weekend after that :) and fast im definitely looking forward to seeing you truck fly :smileup:

#22 · (Edited)
Looks like ill be the smallest truck there with the leveling kit lol. Doesnt hurt my feelings. Im excited to get over that way, its been a while. Also you guys planning on camping? Theres Sandy Shores Campground which is right on the lake, and from what i remember it was pretty nice. There are also hotels (Dunes Waterfront and Silver Sands Resort) near by for the faint of heart haha.

***EDIT: I know it would be kinda costly but depending on how many people we have and what we wanna do. I could also bring my boat and do some tubing or wakeboarding/waterskiiing, though I dont have water skis.***

#23 ·
that does sound fun! :smileup: and with it being such a long trip for me i was planning on camping out friday night and then leaving saturday night after we were done (that way i was back home on Sunday.) and im right there with you with the leveling kit. thats all i have done, and i will possibly have a 3" body lift by then

#27 ·
haha that sounds good lol i think my girlfriend is actually looking forward to going offroading. can you rent quads up there? we have one but i dont want to put it in my bed for 7 hours if i dont have to plus, its more of a utility quad anyway

#32 ·
Im looking forward to it! we will probably rent a atv and possibly a jet ski!! :) i know my girlfriend will most likely want to try all of it!

#35 ·
This is going to be awesome!!! so what month are you guys thinking??

#37 ·
yea... i am leaning towards June, July, or August. Matt (Unfairkickazz93) is in school until then. and plus i will be more likely to go if i tell my company ahead of time :)

#39 ·
ok cool. ill ask my girlfriend when she can go. Like i said, i would like to get up there early friday morning and camp that night, hang out saturday and then leave that night or sunday morning.

#52 ·
Haha! I think june 15th- 16th would be best (so far) too!

#41 ·
Haha that does sound like a good idea ;) lol ok.... 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th weekend in June??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.