DODGE RAM FORUM banner

mr.lopar's mod thread

38K views 342 replies 28 participants last post by  mr.lopar 
#1 ·
sapose i can start a build thread on my 99 ram

heres what it looked like the day i brought it home in october of 09, damn it was a nice truck:doh:

few days later the topper and running boards came off and swapped out the wheels/tires for 15x8 wagons wrapped in 32s

that winter i trashed the 1st bumper climbin a snow bank at work

See less See more
#271 ·
ordered a new set of head gaskets that the machine shop recommended, they'll be here on Tuesday and the real assembly will start, and no more of this mock up crap lol

also went to install the oil pan after finding all the bolts and low and behold the stock oil pan gasket for this truck will not work for the milodon oil pan, has tobe a gasket for an old LA style oil pan

#273 ·
went and got a LA oil pan gasket today, silicon aint gonna fill this in

called my dad and told him about it and we both looked in our engine building books and found out the magnum engines and the LA engine have the same crank journal sizes, so he's gonna send me a rear main cap from a old LA engine he has layin around...hopefull I can get this to work

#275 ·
anyone know anything about air/fuel gauges?
looking at buyin one for when I install the 390, but not sure what I should get.
a lot of people say to go with a wideband, but theyre $150+ for that guage, and the parts store has these two, an autometer one and a iequus one. I know autometer is a well know name brand, and iequus gauges seem to be pretty good and I like the white face on em.
just trying to figure out what the best choice is, one of these or just drop the extra cash and buy the expensive wideband on

#282 ·
Well decided to do some work on the truck yesterday

A Lil after I got down to Texas, somehow this big hole got blown into my exhaust

So at the time thus was my cheap and leaky fix

So I cut that area out and replaced it :w00t:

While had the exhaust off, I welded in a bung for another o2 sensor for my air/fuel ratio gauge, and installed that and a vacuum/boost gauge

#284 ·
WHOA! that new motor of yours.... and a cutout?! I'm truly dreaming of how well that is going to sound.

when you find yourself in WI we seriously need to meet up so I can hear that powerplant
yeah we'll definitely have to meet up sometime

and im hoping it'll sound mean, make mothers grab there children in terror as they hear me coming:str:
I keep playin with the cutout as im cruising around as it is:hah:

#285 ·
member this big gap I had with the oil pan and the rear main seal?

well I got a rear main cap today from my father, can clearly see the difference here

went to put it on and there was a lil dowel pin I had to pull out for the bigger cap

got it on and BAM! it fits like its suppose to

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.